Of spiders and lingerie

And I thought, reading a Kirin's expressions was hard. To be fair, it probably helps, that sometimes I can feel certain emotions being transmitted over the mental link. But these buggers here have no real way of showing emotions, I think. Thair chitinous exterior doesn't allow them for facial expressions, and their hairy pedipalps cover, whatever movements their mouths could make. But being as polite as possible should make this whole go smoothly.

"Good question. I have entered your town, in need of both clothes and guidance. I presume that you have a general store with more... "conservative" clothes?"

The guard I'm speaking to at the moment seems to be on the bulkier side of things. A female then.

"Your guess is on point, madam. Although I don't know why a precious race like yours would need clothing, produced by this humble village, we do have nymph sized and shaped clothes in stock, due to war coming to an end only recently. Regarding knowledge, you are in luck. Only a week ago did a branch of the Sammelsurium open here, so that any and everyone may inquire about the knowledge and power of our divine overlords."

Oof. About what I expected, how one of them would talk. But being politely spoken to for once is appreciated, my dear eight-legged fellow.
But holy cow. They actually ended the war. I definitely have to ask someone whether anyone in the north survived.

"The war coming to an end surely is a great thing. But enough of that. Where do I find those stores? And will I be able to afford any of the wares? I am somewhat low on funds, as I just recently left the country and didn't have any time earning money."

The guard stopped for a minute, rubbing her pedipalps against each other, allowing me a glimpse at her gigantic fangs that could probably pierce my body and then another, so long are they. Not pretty, but some of the most effective weapons around.

"That shouldn't be a problem. As you might know, our nation revers the ancient races, created by the true gods. Therefore we will gladly supply you with anything you need. Only the services at the Sammelsurium might be a bit costly, depending on what you seek. My partner here will show you the way."

For once in my life, I can honestly say that I am glad to be a Fey.
A giant of spider, probably about 3 meters in height, with a light brown hair tone, stepped up and clicked their mandibles at me, presumably signifying me to follow her, as they turn around and slowly part the small crowd of onlookers, that had gathered.
Man. Normally those buggers stop at about 2 meters or 2.40, but this behemoth is probably the biggest one I've seen yet. Even more impressive is the sheer bulk. Those guards and scouts were already way sturdier than any of the citizens, glancing reverently at me, but this one takes the cake! Someone like this should be enough to easily defeat a full battalion of Malkyne soldiers.

Now that I think about it, their weirdly human-shaped heads and upper bodies, mixed with spider features can be quite cute. Just now, a child came running by, with the eyes and general look like that of a jumping spider. Now, this might be personal biased, but jumping spiders are the cutest spiders there are.

Just watching them slowly turn around, cocking their whole bodies, as they don't have a neck, and general cutesy behavior is adorable, to say the least. I mean. It really helps, looking closely at spiders.

At first, I found them to be the most disgusting animals. But after carefully looking at them, without agitating them, they become rather cute, even the ugly ones. Compared to other insects and other animals, everything must seem so significant to them, so wondrous.

And all the enlightened races do, is stomping them because they find them disgusting. There would be a lot fewer people around if every person or creature would simply be culled for not looking appealing to the general population of an area. Why can't people enjoy what nature presents them with? To be fair, man-sized spiders can be quite the pain in the ass but are not one bit less curious and adventurous.