On the way

I don't know when it started, but practically as soon as I started living with Prophet, I somehow assumed that she would be of no trouble to me. Not that I had imagined that she wasn't powerful or that a situation like this wouldn't arise sooner or later, but this incident took me off-guard. I know what it's like to be the odd one out, but this is by choice. Me accepting her so openly probably came from this. No. Not just perhaps, most definitely because of that. And although she managed to save me, I don't know how it'll come around next time. Maybe we will be in a quarrel with the law. Perhaps when we are hunted.

I genuinely hope that she learned her lesson.
Not that us Fey are that fragile. Not by any stretch of the imagination, but 99% of us can't keep up with dragons. And that girl is a dragon, alright. Despite her not even having grown her horn or horns, in this case, she is already capable of making whole stretches of fertile land uninhabitable. I still shiver at the thought of the river being frozen over, almost two weeks after she went nuts on my wolves there.

Damn, I didn't even tremble out of shock or horror, but because of the ice giving off such a cruel coldness. Weirdly enough, and she doesn't even notice that I presume, she isn't conscious about her powers, nature as a dragon, and morals being horribly out of sync. She is such a goofball. But her heritage as a dragon gives her the pride and hubris of one. And then there is her affinity with ice. Kind, narcissistic, and indifferent.
Is that what she is?
She is kind. Definitely. But in what scope?

She is very much a child and acts like it. If this kindness only stems from her being a child, which I hope isn't the case, I'll have to distance myself more and more from her if what happened yesterday is any indication of what she would be capable of when she is a full-on dragon. I wouldn't say narcissism is something that would fit her personality. At least not at the moment. Maybe her feelings of self-importance will take overhand in the future.
And being indifferent, as the element of ice would implicate, doesn't fit her as well. But once again. That can also be explained by her still being a child and having some illusions, that older creatures don't.

Ugh.

I'm trying to rationalize me leaving her. But who could blame me?.
I was practically killed by my first real friend. If this wouldn't shock any and everyone, it'd be my turn to be.
Still better than dealing with it at all. That probably leads to depression. Or some or the other. Hmm. I should probably talk this over with Prophet as well. I should be honest with her. If we don't work this out, this might just become a great splinter in her heart. It is already.

How can a dragon's mind be that fragile, I wonder. She still talks about those werebears. On the one hand, I appreciate her being this sensitive towards the matters of life and death, as she would have probably just killed me once she found out that those were my wolves. But it is highly disadvantageous for a predator like her to be this mentally weak and fragile. But then again, I haven't seen her in an actual battle before, so what do I know?

[Hey, Val?]

Oh! Her first words today! And it was even her that started the conversation!

[Val?]

"Oh, yeah, sorry. I was kind of lost in thought."

[Was it about what happened yesterday?]

Right on the money.

"Yes. I was wondering if we could talk this whole thing over. I believe we both know that we have to have a talk about this and that we need to make a few things clear."

[Yes. As much as I dread it, it must be. I haven't just hurt someone unrelated to me or some cute pets, but I hurt you. And I can't stand this feeling of guilt.]