Interlude: Life goes on

The next few weeks, after they came back from Louella's Garden, life went on. And things settled down. Their average days consisted of hunting, eating, talking, playing, and the occasional heartbreak when Prophet killed a parent. But apart from that, she went on with developing her core and trained to become stronger.

Her horns slowly but surely started to emerge. It seemed, like growing them out, to completion would be something that would take quite a while.
Some nights, Prophet came back and was radiating mana, which Valeria used, to develop their property. The hill, looming over the grotto, emerged quite nicely. Instead of looking like something artificially created, now the whole area around it was slowly elevated and skewed, as to give it a natural look. In the underbrush around the clearing, an awful lot of flowers, Valeria's favorite ones, started growing.

And even a few tinier and weaker fey, like pixies and even a few spirits, like fireflies, began to call it their home. Everyone was happy with how their lives developed. Prophet's sleeping place grew into a small patch of the softest humus imaginable, under the leaves of some weird looking trees, only found in a fey's repertoire.
The alpha had already started to take over another wolf's clan.

His might was greater than most others around here. The cubs, however, just left one day, to everyone's chagrin.
The crows kept watch over the whole area but didn't find anything worth worrying over. The entire fight over dominance in the mountain range went unnoticed to the inhabitants of the forest. Only once, when a gigantic Gryphon flew frantically away from the peeks, squawking loudly, being chased by a familiar-looking sky dragon, did they even take notice of it.

Valeria's children grew up splendidly. After reaching their adolescent stage, they embarked, to visit everyone in their hometown. They escorted them to the garden, which their mother and her Kirin friend adored so much and went through a portal to the kingdom of the fey, where they would attend a school to learn the basics of being a fey. After that, they would come back to the pond and either live there with their mother or they would leave, to seek a place out for themselves.
But unbeknownst to all of them, was the war that had just come to a stalemate.

Rairza and Thet chose to drop hostilities, as everyone knew, what would happen when the eight-legged warriors tried to make the cats' place their own. Thet became Rairza's vassal. The political world map didn't change very much because of it. But a lot of historians would describe this as a historical event, because this was the first time in history, that a nation was single-handedly governing a whole continent. And a large one at that. But this change would bring a lot of change into the country of cat's as well as to the whole world.

Rairza's inhabitants weren't allowed to leave the country, except for diplomatic voyages and such. But now, they went on to spread their culture all over the continents. They were quite advanced in the ways of spatial manipulation, and it was elementary for them to work out contracts with other nations to link their trade routes and passenger gates with them.

Everyone knew about Rairza, as it was pretty much the most militaristic state, apart from Babel, but they welcomed their advances.

Only Torredaic, the nation of ancient Dwarves and Babel, watched these events happening with a frown on their faces. Neither SEEED nor the pantheon of man wanted another threat widening its influence over the globe. But as the White Weaver was an even mightier existence, than they were, they could do nothing but making their voice heard.

Everyone on this planet knew about the White Weaver.

An empress.

A goddess.

Crowned by the divine pantheon to keep things in check, but with enough autonomy, to make decisions like declaring war.

She wasn't easy to please, though. Her interests didn't consist of material ones, but being virtually a goddess with a mortal body, she strived for greatness. She was the anti to Babel. And she wasn't going to let these heretics have it their way. Which Rairza's tourists also voiced out, when traveling around.

Everyone expected this to happen when Rairza declared the war. But everyone believed the gods would intervene and keep their pets in check. But astonishingly, the gods didn't. This shocked a lot of believers, as everyone always thought, that the divine pantheon not just tolerated the pantheon of man, but accepted it. But it seemed that something bigger was brewing.

But what has all of this to do with our cute little foal?