Chapter 20: Freedom

I went home that afternoon feeling nothing but pity for myself. I feel so low when I admitted that I was indeed gay in front of them and I even explained my side. I hate that I had to explain my sentiments towards my sexuality when in fact I shouldn't.

Partly, yes, I lied with my relationship with Bright but that is to save him from the disgrace and issue he could've gotten because he spent a few days with me.

I bit my lower lip as I sat in my bed. I received a message from Bright asking for an apology for his father's words and I assured him that it's okay even if it's not.

I don't want to make a big deal out of this but it still hurts. His father's accusation still hurts and I don't want to acknowledge it but it's the truth.

Two days left until I return for school. That same night, I finished everything that I have to submit and immediately sent the files to Sinee.

She asked me how did it go with his uncle but I didn't say much. I told her that it was smooth and we got out of the situation quickly.

I failed to talk to Aziel that afternoon because I had to catch up for the papers I need to submit for the group project. Though I informed Aziel that we can meet tomorrow morning as I want to clear things out with him for good.

I don't want to give him false hope for what he's thinking we have. Yes I like him but as a friend. I can't see myself with him in a romantic way. Aziel is the first person who reached out to me other than Saint and I truly appreciate that. However, things don't seem to go as planned even if I tried.

I really tried to avoid Bright but my traitor heart won't just cooperate with me. Just when I thought I'm escaping from him, it's too late because my heart already found its way back to him before I even realize it.

I woke up earlier than expected and decided to go downstairs to grab some food. I didn't have dinner last night so I guess this hunger is real.

I checked the time and it's seven o'clock in the morning- so much for being a lazy pig these past few days.

I surveyed the whole dining area and found used plates and readily made breakfast. My forehead creased at what I saw and slowly went to the living room to check if my parents are there but they aren't.

I walked towards the balcony leading me to the garden and I saw them there. Dad is on the phone looking all agitated while walking back and forth.

"I told Charles to go with the second supplier! We need those for our project in Chiang Mai!... Look, I don't care if he can't contact the supplier. What I want is for your team to locate the supplier you decided to take and tell them that we made a deal already with the second one... Who told you to let them sign a contract? It's for the wood, glass and metallic materials we need! "

Dad was very angry when I came out. I sat next to Mom and smiled at her and she nodded at me and told me to listen to my Dad talking on the phone.

"Brandon find that supplier! It's been two weeks and we haven't heard from them!"

My Dad massaged his temple as he sat on the chair adjacent to mom.

"That is not a small amount of money! That's five million dollars down payment for the supplies we need! This is a hundred million dollar project!"

Mom and I kept on listening to Dad as he called one person after another. I didn't dare ask because I know it's a problem that needs Dad's full attention.

By the time he's done calling, Mom held his hand and gently caressed it--maybe assuring dad that everything will be fine.

"What's the matter Dad?" I asked, though I already have an idea but I still want to ask him.