Chapter 38: Betrayed

Nervousness together with an unknown feeling started to envelope my system as I stared at Aziel with his bloodshot eyes. He looks like a different person as he held my arm tighter than he should have.

"A-Aziel... what are you doing here?" I asked, trying to pretend than I don't know anything yet.

"Win we have to talk. This is really important." he said, panting as he swallowed the lump in his throat. "I'm so sorry to bother you but can we talk somewhere else? Y-Your dad's men is after me and my family - I just really need to tell you everything." he pleaded and I don't know what to say.

"W-Wait... uhm, Aziel we should talk inside." I suggested because in there, I have everyone with me and I can be protected by the guards of our house if ever he has plans on harming me.

My heart pounded so hard that I think its going to jump out off my ribcage. I tried to calm down and offer him a timid smile as I tried to take my hand back from him but he won't let go! Damn it!

"Win can we talk somewhere else? Please I really need to tell you everything. I-I can't risk anything but please trust me-"

"Let go." said a baritone voice behind him as Bright pulled me away from him.

"Bright..."

"What are you doing? Your Dad told you to stay away from Charles right? That includes his son!" he growled like I was the most idiotic person he met.

He may not heard everything about what Dad has said but I know he knows something is wrong. He knows me too well--I can't really hide anything from him.

"Bright, Win, please let me explain... my Dad is blaming all the things he planned and did all these years to me! Metawin please help me... I-I'm willing to cooperate with the police but please hear me out first. I just need someone to testify on my behalf if ever Dad pulls his strings in this case. "

His face was so down like he's ready to kneel and beg just for me to talk to him. I know Aziel is a good guy but I rarely see him with his father in gatherings. If so, he's just there for business and not to socialize.

It was hard for me to trust anyone at this point because of what Dad had said but I just can't ignore an old friend. He's been nothing but a good man to me and I would gladly talk to him if only Dad didn't inform me about the situation.

I heaved a sigh and finally nodded in defeat.

"I will talk to you but only if we'll talk inside the house." I said with finality as I point at the gate beside me.

"Win, are you crazy? Your Dad told you to avoid them!" Bright scolded and his grip on my hand tightened.

"I know Bright but he's my friend. I have to hear the things he has to say and I'm sure he has evidence to support his words, am I right, Aziel?" I asked and he eagerly nodded.

"You just wouldn't listen to anyone huh?" he hissed as he breathed like he's trying to have more patience for me. "Fine, talk to him but in my house."

"Bright-"

"No more discussion. It's either you talk in my house or I'll call the police."

Our eyes widened at his crude words and Aziel immediately nodded like he's begging to agree with Bright. Again, this man is controlling everything he wants to control.

"Fine." I said in defeat as I took my hand off him. "Let's go Aziel."

Bright quickly walked past us as he opened the gate for us. I can't take my eyes off Aziel as stubble dominated his facial feature and his eyes looked swollen. He's wearing a cap to cover at least a little of his face, a black shirt, leather jacket, jeans, sneakers and a black back pack as well - something that he don't wear oftenly.