Chapter Eleven - The Blue-Plumed Sasuke Cockatooidus

"OH MY GOD!!!" 

My voice was a high pitched scream as I stood frozen with my hands clasped over my gaping mouth. Ahead of me, Sasuke, Sakura and Suigetsu all turned around at the same time to see what was going on, with Sasuke looking poised to run back to me. Either way, Suigetsu had him beat, and was exclaiming, "What's wrong?!" with a worried look on his face. 

Sasuke and Sakura hurried back, wondering what all the kerfuffle was about, and I squealed as I grabbed Suigetsu's arm and started shaking him violently, beginning to laugh like a maniac.

"What is it, [Name]?" asked Sasuke in a gruff voice, glaring at everyone in the vicinity. "Did someone hurt you? Did you get robbed?"

"Sasuke, I'm sure she's fine," sighed Sakura beside him, who exchanged a "boys will be boys" glance with me. I turned around and faced Suigetsu to the aviary behind us and exclaimed, "LOOK CLOSELY!"

"What am I looking for?" he asked in a surprised voice, obviously seeing nothing more than birds flying around or nestling in stray branches. I reached over and pulled Sasuke over, who stumbled forward and scowled. I waved at Sakura to come over, and once all three of them were there, I said, "Look closely, and you'll see." 

Obviously, none of them got my joke, so with a sigh, I straightened up and pointed at a bird roosting not too far away from us. I wasn't sure of the breed or type- I'm not really good when it comes to identifying the different names of bird species.

"Look out for the blue-plumed Sasuke cockatooidus." I tried my best to sound serious, but my voice cracked on the last syllable of "cockatooidus," and I burst into a fit of laughter, crouching down and hugging my knees as the others slowly began to understand me. Suigetsu looked with wide eyes as he found the bird I was talking about, and for a second, he looked stunned.

"Oh my god," he said in a hushed voice, a smile slowly beginning to tug at the corners of his lips. "Sasuke... t-that bird... stole your hairstyle..." I, still suffocating on my own laughter, grabbed Suigetsu's leg as I looked up at him, tears of laughter beginning to well in my eyes as I felt my stomach begin to cramp.

"A-Ah- I- LOOK! I-IT'S... SA-SA-SA...SUKE!!!" Sakura peered through the bars of the aviary, looking for the blue-plumed Sasuke cockatooidus, and once she did, she let out a small laugh and playfully hit a frozen Sasuke as he stared at my discovery, eyes glazed over as he let my joke sink in.

"If you dyed your hair blue you'd look like brothers..." she tried acting in her loving girlfriend voice, but instead, said it with a snort as she began giggling. Not more than ten seconds later, she was joining Suigetsu and I in our laughing and mockery of Sasuke's duckbutt hair; we looked like idiots- well, I did anyway, I was rolling on the ground by now- and the more people passed by us, the more our volume increased. 

Finally, Sasuke tore out of his trance to look down at me, where I was laughing and rolling around the ground by Suigetsu's feet.

"That is so dry, [Name]," he said coolly, looking at a howling Suigetsu and a pink-in-the-face Sakura. "What?! Don't tell me you guys think she's actually funny!

When both of them replied with laughs, his face went a bright shade of crimson as he turned away from us, hiding his embarrassed flush.

"Sakura! Aren't you supposed to be on my side?" His voice sounded hurt, but if anything of Sasuke's was hurt, it definitely wasn't his feelings. Most likely, I had hurt his pride, and I took joy in that. 

Sakura wiped a stray tear from her eye and hiccuped, obviously still recovering as she held out her arms to Sasuke, placing them around his neck and pulling him towards her as she laughed in his face.

"Of-Of course I am, s-silly!" she cried, still laughing her head off. I found something new to laugh about, and exclaimed, "Y-You guys... look like... you've been dating for y-years!", rolling around and hitting Suigetsu's shins in the process. Said guy bent down to try and help me up, but failed drastically as he began laughing with me.

"[N-Name]... s-stop..." he cried, hands loosely hanging onto the sleeves of my jumper. Above us, Sasuke put an arm around Sakura's waist and turned away, his ears now a bright pink.

"Why am I even friends with a loser like you?" he sneered, trying to sound high and mighty, but ending up sounding like a defeated prince in war. Sakura looked at me over her shoulder, still laughing.

"W-we'll see you guys later, then?"

​Suigetsu and I were too busy trying to get me to stand up to reply.