Five¶ How dare you? 😤

Personal advice from me to YOU is available at the end of this chapter.

                        ~~~~

Don't even talk to me. I am so angry. See as she be like! Nonsense! Yeye (annoying)  girl! Why would someone pour water on her sleeping sister? Well, that is how I woke up this morning.

Anita had emptied a bowl of water on my face. I am so lucky it was not a bucket.

I glanced at her. She was nervous. We were at the assembly. The principal was ready to announce our new prefects. Anita was so anxious. She wants to be a disciplinary prefect. Trust me, I am starting to believe she would be perfect for that.

"Students, good morning! " Mr Ade spoke up. He cleared his throat and continued, "I want to announce the prefectship of your seniors"

I glanced at my sister. She was still nervous. Calm down na! I know you will be a prefect.

Mr Ade announced names and their post. "Disciplinary post goes to... " he filled the paper he held.

I don't think he knows about the mini heart attack my sister might be getting from his suspense.

"Rosie Onyeka" he added. Everyone clapped except Anita and me.

I watched as Anita bit back a frustrated and disappointed scream.

Mr Ade announced names and posts. My sister's name wasn't mentioned.

I felt sad myself. She is a good student. What's wrong?

"The Head girl post goes to... Anita Tosin" his words crushed my sad face.

"Wow!" I screamed, clapping hard. Anita walked up to the principal. They handed the Head girl badge to her.

Lucky girl! I am a proud sister.

My new crush, Daniel, was the new Head boy. I am proud of my crush. He is such a calm and intelligent boy. When you see him walking, you could see the air of confidence and elegance that clouds him.

****

I was back in class. Time to learn. School is so awesome. Please cue my sarcasm. 

"Sup, sugar?" the words of this familiar voice shocked me.

"Sugar?" I asked Freddy.

He winked. So lame! This guy is stupid.

"Why are you so happy?"I asked. He was actually cheerful today.

"Because I am sitting close to a true beauty". He leaned and whispered into my ears, "Not you sha! Kate"

I swallowed the urge to punch his belly. He chuckled and sat properly on his seat.

"Hey guys! " Kate's soft voice interrupted our staring contest.

"Hey? " I smiled at her. She looks so good in our school uniform. Wait! Where is Ken? I am sure he looks hot in the uniform.

My eyes scanned the class. He is not here.

"Where is Ken?" I asked without hesitating.

"He is coming!" Kate replied.

"You look so beautiful in the school uniform " Freddy flashed his best smile. When I mean 'best' I am serious. It made him look good. Nice game Freddie! But will you be able to beat the Star boys?

"Thanks!" Kate giggled.

"Yeah! You look great" I commented. I want to be Kate's friend.

"Awwn! Thanks! Is it really that good? "