See It the Way I Do

My fiance is kissing my cousin!!!!!

"Adam!" her voice echoed in the hallway. The two broke out of their kiss, panting.

"You've got to be kidding me!" she yelled and eyed Amelia, her cousin.

"It is not what it seems" his deep voice replied.

"My fiance is kissing my cousin," she spat every words as if she had vinegar on her tongue.

Adam scratched his neck and glanced at Amelia who nipped on her bottom lip as she watched everything unfold.

"Adam! I really love you with all my heart. So why her? What did you see in her?" Charissa bawled.

"Charissa, I love Amelia and she loves me" he stated firmly in his calm tone.

"But you proposed to me!"

"That's because I thought I loved you" he inhaled and breathe out. "I am sorry but I love you as a friend".

"Adam! Wait, is this like a break up session? Are you breaking up with me?"

"I never wanted you to find out like this, Charissa"

"Adam, I do love you. I have had this feeling since middle school. How can you pick her over me?" Charissa's voice came out helpless and weak.

My beloved cousin had successfully snatched my fiance! From my favorite doll to my fiance, she snatched them all. I hate your smile, laughter and cry. They are all just fake.

"What trick did you use Amelia? Answer!" she thundered. Her viens popped out at her neck. It hurts! It hurts really bad!

"Why do everyone take me as a spoilt brat?" she snarled. "Did Amelia decieve you with her goody-two-shoe ways?"

"Charissa, please calm down! We are in a public place" Adam warned. He placed his hand on her shoulder and Charissa quickly shrugged it off.

They were at a masked party. Everyone wore a mask. Even though Amelia and Adam had a mask on, Charissa could still identify them.

They kissed! He loves her! Why? Her stomach knotted and her heart squeezed as she digested this reality. She had always felt that Amelia would steal Adam but she never did anything to stop it. She thought Adam truly loved her. She was wrong. So wrong!

"Charissa, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you" his voice came out softly and soothing, the one she loved the most. The voice that comforted her in her times of distress. Amelia stole it. Bravo cousin! Bravo!

"I am sorry. I..." Amelia trailed off and sighed. "I love him so much. Please forgive me".

The Drama Queen has come to play. Nice!

"Shut up! You are such a snitch. I can never be fooled by those fake goody-two-shoe acts" Charissa took slow steps to her direction.

"I love him. I am so sorry" Amelia trembled. She gripped Adam's arm. His arm crawled around Amelia's waist and he pulled her close as if to protect her from a beast.

Who was this beast? Of course they would say Charissa!  Charissa is always the antagonist. Charissa is always the spoilt and disrespectful girl. Charissa is always the mean girl.

All these facts dawned on Charissa and her whole body vibrated in rage. She bit her lip to suppress her frustrated scream.

No one cares about my feelings! Why?

Charissa spun on her heels and strode to where her legs  led her. She needed space to breathe. She felt like she was a tinking bomb about to explode.

Her eyes spotted a door. Without hesitation, she pushed it open and walked into the pitch dark room.

It represents my state! It represents my shattered heart, she thought.

She switched on the light.It was a conference room. She switched it off and went to one of the seats. She sat down and sobbed. She was broken again. She had watched her mother being murdered at a tender age. Now, the guy she gave her whole heart to, doesn't even love her.

                °¶°¶°¶°

"Dad!" he called. The two men looked at him."I didn't do it".

"How dare you talk to me?" his father sneered.

"How can I intentionally burn my own factory? This is all a lie" Keith yelled.

"You do not have a factory, brother. You can never be responsible enough to handle it" Carl, Keith's elder brother snickered. His smirk mocked Keith and his crossed arm shamed him.

He went to the factory he was to inherit a week ago. That same day, the factory got burnt. Everyone blamed it on him. They said that it was his playful attitude that led to it. But he never touched anything! He only looked at the products. That's all. But no one believed him.

"Get out of my sight" his dad roared.

They were at a masked party. His dad had met a friend and was narrating how careless and irresponsible Keith was. All lies! Lies! I am not the black sheep of the family! When would they understand that?

"Dad said you should leave! You are interrupting his conversation" Carl jeered.

He thinks he is the best son! Wow! Such a loser! Just because you live a boring life doesn't mean mine would be that way. I am adventurous. It doesn't mean I should be the black sheep or the one that tanishes the great name of our family. Aargh!!!

Keith clenched his fists, gritted his teeth and grunted, "Fine! I will leave".

"You better!" Carl chuckled.

Keith stomped out of the party to the hallway. He smashed his clenched fist to the wall. He did it again and again. He growled. His eyes darted to a door and he sprinted into the dark room, slamming the door behind him.

Silence floated in the air for a minute and was interrupted by sobs.

"Who's there?" Keith's voice echoed.

The sobbing stopped and all he could see was darkness.

  ~~~Author's note~~~

What do you think? Are you interested in reading my new book? It's the third book I am writing on Wattpad?

If you are free, could you give it a shot? Try reading it! Tell me what you think of it! Tell me of it is enjoyable! Also vote and leave comment on the book. Thanks in anticipation. I would be so happy to have you join me I that journey. You might enjoy. The characters are exciting.

Thanks for reading this! 💞💗💋💖💖💓💓❤❤

Love ya,
💋💓