Twenty-seven¶Serious face 😒🤔

I was definitely blushing hard. I smiled as I walked behind Daniel. He walked with an air of elegance. This was what I admired about him. He always looked so modest and calm in his school uniform.

He paused and turned to me, a warm smile playing on his plump dark lips.

"How are you?" he asked.

"Fine. Thank you!" I gave a charming smile. His lashes flapped and he rubbed his palm together.

"Did you do it?"

My brows snapped together in confusion.

"Did what?"

"Don't tell me you forgot?" his voice increased as he said the words.

"Forgot what?"

What is he talking about? I feel like a lost puppy now!

"The debate! It's tomorrow" he yelled and a worried look settled on his face.

My jaw dropped and I slowly placed my hands on my head. I gave the typical Nigerian woman surprised look.

"Ewo!" I exclaimed and blinked my eyes. "Oo ooh!" I slammed my foot on the ground.

"You forgot?"

"I....I....Chai! I am so stupid!"

"But it's tomorrow!"

"Is it like tomorrow tomorrow? Like....Like the next day after this day? Like....Like the next day? How can it be the next day?" I stammered, my hands pulling my short cornrows.

He quirked a brow and rubbed his temples. "What are we going to do? We can't fail!"

"We won't fail!" I snapped with determination. "I have written down my essay. I just need to learn it by heart".

"I know you can do it. Please learn it. If you need any help, you can come to my class" he placed his hand on my shoulder and rubbed it. "Don't let me down!"

I won't! How can I let my head boy down? My crush for that matter! No oo!

I nodded and whispered, "I won't!"

He smiled and turned, heading to his class. I spun on my heels and found Freddy at our class door. He sent a questioning look at me and I bit my inner cheek. I strode and stopped at his front.

"What's going on between you and Daniel?" he asked in a heart beat. I placed my hands on his shoulder and sent a wry smile before I began to shake him with all my strength.

"Cupcake, why are...." Freddy was cut off by me shaking his shoulder.

"I am doomed!" I said and shook him harder.

"Calm down!" he choked and pushed my hands from his shoulder. He staggered and slammed his back to the wall. "Geez! What happened? You almost...."

I interrupted him harshly and yelled, "I forgot!"

"Forgot what?"

"About the debate!"

His eyes went round and he leaned towards me.

"How can you forget such a thing?" he scolded.

"I...I...I...I don't know! Is it my fault?" I pouted and crossed my arms.

"No oo! It is my fault. I am the one doing the debate!" he hissed like the jerk he was.

I pointed an accusing finger at him. "Yes! It is your fault. You, your stupid face and the date!"

He looped his arm on my shoulder and whispered "You are so dumb!"

"Why are you telling me that na! You are supoosed to help me!" I whined and slapped his chest.