Eight¶Weekends run 😜😣

A big THANK YOU to everyone that is reading this. I love you so much. This book is dedicated to you. Yes! To you! You had given my book a chance and you definitely deserve this. 💖💖💖💖

****

So, do you remember when Ijeoma said that we needed to talk? We did talk. I said the truth and nothing but the truth.  

Wait oo! That one na lie! I no want thunder strike me!  I told her what I wanted her to know.

"Maka why? " Ijeoma questioned.

"We like each other," was my simple reply.

"Are you not the one that said that he was annoying?" she reproached.

I nodded as I thought of a befitting answer. "Well... Ehen na! " I paused and studied her shocked look. 

"You don craze!" she replied sharply.

"Don't you read wattpad books? Of course there are love-hate relationship. I and Freddy disliked ourselves at the beginning and liked oursel... "

"Sarrap!( Shut up!) " Ijeoma interrupted. "When did school even resume? Is it not last week? How can you fall so easily?".

Na wa for this girl oo! How does it concern you? Just play along please! I don't want to tell you. I would make the relationship not feel real.

Ijeoma exhaled and placed her hand on my shoulder. "Fine!" she exclaimed. "If you don't want to tell me. I won't force you even though besties are meant to share their deepest secrets".

Are you trying to emotionally blackmail me? I no go work for you. My sister does that a lot. I hate it. Are we even besties? Nope!

"Bye bye" she waved and pouted. Obviously, she was trying to make me feel guilty and... It is working oh! But not completely. I am still strong and holding back.

*****

Weekends can be fun sometimes. It really depends on your family or should I say parents. If mom and dad are not at home. Weekends can be exciting.

However, my weekend wasn't so exciting. I was under the scorching sun, trying to buy recharge card. My mobile data had finished during the week. I had to save. And now that I have the money, no shop has my network.

I walked into another shop. They were food stuffs displayed on the wooden table at the side of the road. I looked at it and whispered, "Lord, please let them have it".

"What do you want to buy?" a throaty voice asked. I turned to the woman behind me. Her skin shone bright black under the welcoming sun. Why won't she be black? See the way sun dey beat am!

"Good afternoon ma. Do you have Airtel recharge card?" I asked in a soft voice, bracing myself for the truth.

"No oo! It don finish (It has finish) " she answered with an apologetic smile. "Ask that baba!"

She pointed to a shop at a distance. Shior! Una won kill me? For this small life of mine eh? I dey pray for fat so that I can have a big butt and now they are giving me unrequested exercise.

Just to buy mobile data, I have walked distances. In fact, if I should go back home by okada (motorcycle), they would ask for 100 naira. It is that bad oh!

I continued my journey. This is what you face when your data is unreliable. After all this suffer, I know that the data would still finish. Is there a whale that swallows data? Because I don't understand why my data won't last. One month subscription is for a week or maybe two weeks if you manage it well. I don tire!

"Naomi!" a faint voice cried. I stopped in my track and slowly turned my head to its direction. The street was busy as usual. Men and women were on their duty post. They were all busy with their commercial activities. Those faces didn't look familiar at all. Then, who called my name? Oh, wait! I am not the only Naomi in the word. Maybe it is someone else.

I nodded and continued on my little pace. There was no way I would run to the Baba's shop. All my remaining energy would drain.

"Naomi" the voice cried again. I turned around. No one was there. Am I hearing things? As it reach this stage? Is this my end? Are spirits here to haunt me? Am I a werewolf?

Okay! How is werewolf related to this situation? I don't understand myself again. Soon, I began to hear footsteps moving quickly on my trail. My heart palpitated as I broke into a strid, then into a jog and BOOM! I was racing. It is either live or death.

I got to the Baba's shop and made attempt to run inside. Unfortunately, I stepped on a stone that wedged open the door. I found myself falling backwards. I guess it ends here folks! Tell my phone I loved her. My family... just leave them. They might not notice I am gone.

My back slammed into the creature behind me. It could be any creature!? An arm wrapped my waist to steady me. The tingling feeling from the touch rendered my legs into water.

I pushed myself forward but the arm pulled me back. I slammed my back to the creature's chest.

"Who are you? How dare you touch me?" I yelled and snapped my head to get a glimpse of the face.

Huh! What?

     ~~~Author's note~~~

Who might have been the unknown guy? What's your guesses? Thanks for reading this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.

Pls vote and comment. And if you think this book deserves to have more reads, then I humbly encourage with you to share with your friends.
                 Yours dearest,
                      Silly me.

Stay safe ✌❤❤