twenty; the bath

twenty; the bath

Teddy never would've guessed that he'd be back at school on a Saturday night... but theme again, he also never would've guessed any of this would've ever happened. Being at school on a Saturday to build a sensory deprivation tank was the tamest thing that happened that day.

Upon arriving at Hawkins Middle, the group split up into even smaller groups to get everything accomplished in such a sort time. The Chief and Jonathan were on collecting the salt bags; Nancy and Mike were collecting equipment to fill to pool; Joyce was helping Eleven prepare to get in the sensory deprivation tank; and that just left Teddy, Dustin and Lucas, who were on setting up the kiddie pool duty in the gym.

"This damn thing is heavy." Dustin complained, rolling the folded up kiddie pool into the middle of the gym.

"Do you want help?" Teddy asked, walking besides Dustin with his hands clasped behind his back. He knew he should've been helping his friend, but Dustin assured both Teddy and Lucas that he didn't need their help... so, to let Dustin dig his own grave, Lucas and Teddy let him do what he wanted.

"Nope!" Dustin grunted, finally stopping his pushing, "it's here. I got it."

Teddy tilted his head to the side, "Then... why were you complaining?"

"Because I can." Dustin replied, sticking his tongue out at his friend. Teddy retorted by copying Dustin's action. The three boys giggled at each other before they got to work.

Together, the boys unwrap the string holding together the pool and let the pool fold out. Each took hold of one side to try to spread the pool out.

"Come on, it's upside down." Dustin pointed out.Just as the group began turning the pool:
"No, this way." Lucas corrected. And even when they did it again, it was still wrong.
"Flip it again." Teddy told them.

With three boys setting up a kiddie pool, it would've been safe to assume it was the easiest task... but in reality, they struggled the entire time. Each boy took hold of one side, but there only being three of them, left one side unoccupied, hurting their attempted to stand the pool up. Each time they tried pulling up the walls, the side with no one kept falling.

"How does this even work?" Dustin questioned

"This is so confusing." Teddy mumbled, letting go of the pool to rub his temples.

Lucas chuckled, "What? They don't teach you this at Boy Scout Camp?" He teased.

A small smile rose on Teddy's face. The boy shook his head, "Not how to set up a kiddie pool, no... or build a sensory deprivation tank... This is just guessing and checking... Pull at it again."

"Try that side!" Lucas told Dustin.

The curly haired boy moved from his side to the area Lucas pointed at, but the second he moved, the pool wall where Dustin was standing, collapsed.
"Son of a bitch!" Dustin grunted