twenty-one; chocolate pudding confessions

chapter twenty-one; chocolate pudding confessions

Finally, the world decided to slow down for Teddy to take a quick breath after all that had happened to today. Teddy thought it was nice to finally not be full of anxiety.

The boys and El still rested on the bleachers in the gym of Hawkins Middle, alone. Hopper and Joyce left sometime ago to rescue Will while Jonathan and Nancy went out into the halls of the school... at least that's what Teddy saw and believed. Where would they have gone anyways? Mike didn't think that one bit. The raven-haired boy impatient tapped his foot again the floor, checking his watch every few seconds as if the time would magically change before his eyes.

Mike jumped to his feet, disrupting El who was still resting on his shoulder, and bolted out the gym door. El just flipped her head to lean against Teddy's shoulder, snuggling in close to the ginger boy. A light pink tinted his cheeks at the change of touch between himself and El, but coughed to hide how quickly he grew flustered.

"Where do you think he went?" Teddy asked to no one in particular.

Both Lucas and Dustin shrugged in response.

"...okay." Teddy mumbled, slowly glancing down at the girl on his shoulder. A small smile rose on his face as she snuggled closer to him. He readjusted his arm to wrap around her shoulder and keep her close to him. El slowly raised his head up, the two's eyes meeting. Teddy's cheeks brightened to a red as their gaze stayed in-tact for sometime. Normally, with almost anyone else, prolonged eye contact was a big no for Teddy... but not with El. He could look in El's beautiful doe eyes for hours and–

The sound of door closing signified to the other boys Mike returned and caused Teddy to finally look away from El. "They're gone." He announced. Everyone's eyes turned toward the raven-haired boy with slightly baffled and confused looks.

"What?" Lucas questioned.

Teddy asked, "Who?"

"Nancy and Jonathan. His car's gone." Mike responded.

"That's not good." Teddy mumbled, fiddling with his free hand. El slowly reached her hand up, stopping Teddy's fiddling hand. She knew how he was and didn't want him to worry. Instead, she locked their hands together and continued to rest against his shoulder.

"Don't worry." Dustin patted Teddy's shoulder, the one El wasn't leaning on, in assurance, though the ginger wasn't convinced."They're probably just sucking face somewhere."

Teddy's face scrunched due to being comfortable at the thought while Lucas gagged, "Gross."

Mike shook his head, slightly disgusted by the thoughts of his sister making-out with someone, "No. No way!"

"Did they go with the Chief?" Dustin asked.

"I don't know." Mike responded

"No." El answered, lifting her head from Teddy's shoulder. Everyone then turned toward the tired girl, wanting to know what she knew.