I'll wait for you

"They wait for me, winged shadows in clefts of wailing yews that overhang dark dripping eaves,

Thin gutter-graves for leaves.

They wait for me, eyes yellow as bright sunlight,

Glancing upon stone wings dark as midnight.

Glittering on snow they sometimes speak their harsh crude mocking cries and sing,

Faint whispers of their knotty sheen.

But ever they wait for me, wait patiently for me in darkened clefts of wailing, failing, trailing gray-green yews."

I sang as I finally found Manolo with a band, he soon started to sing as I sat down on the edge of the roof. I have been watching over for sometime, I have been his new best friend. Cuervo, was my name I had told him 2 days after Maria had left. I was there to comfort him as he grew up, I helped him with his bull fighting and has taught him a few secrets of mine.

I guess you could say that his father tolerated me since I was at least helping Manolo practice...that and his guitar. I promised I'd be there for him since Today was when Maria would come back. I was smiling listening to Manolo sing and strum his guitar, I remembered that this would also be his first bull fight with everyone watching. Soon his Father grabbed him, "I will not wait for you." He said, as I chuckled and made my way over to the arena.

I had soon caught up and followed after the band, I soon slipped into the room, I was in my human form. I heard what a Sanchez had to be, it was a bit sad. "Cuervo?!" I noticed Manolo's father finally noted my presence. I smiled, "Took you long enough, but Manolo. Remember," I walked over to put a hand on his shoulder and looked into his eyes. "Just be yourself, have fun, and...Show off my friend. after all, it is Maria. no? show her what a Sanchez Bullfighter can do in the ring." I said, I was fired up today because of it all.

Manolo Smiled and thanked me as we walked out. Manolo soon stopped me, "You going to be here right?" He asked worriedly, "No." I replied, he seemed sad. "I prefer the stands better, I can't see you in the ring from right here." I said, winking and walking away to find a seat. "Ha ha, very funny Cuervo." I heard him say, "Good it was supposed to be funny anyway." I said waving him off. I soon moved into the shadows to turn back to me and find a higher seat. I was on the top of the arena looking down on the whole thing.

I found that my sister and Xibalba joined me in watching. I sat on the edge looking at the crowd, as Joaquin came out and 'impressed' the girls, as Xibalba grew glad. Soon Maria came out but with a fan to her face, she moved to sit with Joaquin and removed the fan. Everyone rejoiced at her, and her return. I just rolled my eyes, I don't care for outside beauty, never exactly stuck with me. I heard a loud slap as my sis slapped Xibalba for looking at her, I chuckled as I soon saw Manolo come out as he soon faced the bull, he was doing well but when he soon later was handed a sword.

I frowned. I loved bull fighting but when you have to kill the bull, that's where I draw a line and make a wall. I knew Manolo would hesitate after all, in his practice I had to secretly strike the bull with lightning, but it was for Manolo's sake. If he does kill he would be 'un-pure' and that can't happen, my sister blessed him to be 'pure' so I would take the fault. I had to collect souls before but that was all my crows or ravens, but I knew the bull saw what was going on. I knew he didn't like fighting back or being used for entertainment just to get killed in the end, he thanked me for it. I thanked him for his understanding, and let him go to his new home.

I saw Manolo stop and say, "Killing the bull is wrong!!" I was just a bit surprised he did that, I thought maybe fake an injury or run off, but this was definitely courageous. I smiled and clapped, I didn't care Xibalba was watching or my sis. I saw Maria clap as well, but everyone else didn't like it, Manolo soon blacked out after getting hit by his own guitar.

"Ouch. that will hurt when he wakes up." I said out loud, "Indeed, see you later Marco." I just sat there waiting for him to get up. I saw him wake up to his Father scolding him, it was a sad thing. I soon smiled "It's not over yet Xibalba." I said as Manolo soon played from his heart, after his father left. "What just happened?!" Xibalba looked like a lost puppy, as my sister said simply, "You don't know women my love." As they flew off and Manolo was exiting the ring I finally had my chance to lay off some steam.