Conflicted?

I was in the shadows at the party for Maria, as Joaquin got Maria upset. That is not how men should see women as, that itself is stupid. way to go Joaquin you screwed up. Maria went to go check on chewy, who is definitely more civilized. I walked outside as one of my crows came to me, I gave him my arm to rest on.

He told me which way Manolo was, and I found out he wasn't invited. Odd. I then was walking on the roof when I found him with his friends, "So this guy was great at bullfighting and he just disappeared?" one of his friends asked, "Ya. I really wanted to know this guy, he didn't kill any of the bulls and didn't even look to harm any." Manolo said as he kept talking about me, that he was impressed with my skill.

Soon they are trying to serenade Maria, he did a bad job. "Wow! you really captivated her." Manolo said to his friends. They tried I'll tell you that, A for effort, and they went away. I saw Manolo as he started to play, he was singing from the heart again. I saw my sister watching them from another roof and went to join her, as I sat next to her. Manolo was now in his friend's hats and about to get a kiss or so he thought. I laughed when he didn't. I was a bit concerned when he fell though, ouch. But Me and my sister still giggled though.

I was walking in the party room and watched as Joaquin proposed to Maria, oh boy. I saw Maria look uneasy about this and her father got a bit in trouble as Joaquin said, "It's fine your father said you were allowed to." Joaquin you don't know how to talk to girls right. I rolled my eyes as my attention was soon on Manolo who walked through the door, or supposedly dragged. I saw Manolo look loopy from the fall, "What did I miss?" Joaquin looked shocked, "Did he propose to?" Maria pushed her hair behind her ear saying "No. wait where you going to." Manolo looked like a stunned deer. "What?"

"I proposed first, so why don't you go fight a bull or something." Manolo soon pushed Joaquin, I knew this wasn't going to end well. "You two are acting like fools." Maria yelled at them, "Wait me to?" Manolo asked, yes you too. But soon enough harsh words were thrown. "how are you going to protect Maria, if you can't even finish a bull." Joaquin said as Manolo gasped, I was about to go through a punch at Joaquin but held myself back, wait what? Friends stick up for each other, intervene, and help, Those have to be the reasons. I shook it off as I walked over to Manolo's side by the band and whispered something only for Manolo to hear, as his eyes lit up. "Yeah, well, you will never be a greater hero than your father!" Manolo repeated me, hitting Joaquin where it hurts.

Everyone gasped, and I heard a 'that was uncalled for.' well it was called for, Joaquin stuck a finger in Manolo's face as they soon got into an argument and soon turned into a pathetic slap fight. Soon Joaquin's friend had tossed a sword to him, "Come at me bro." He taunted, I was about to toss him my sword when they tossed something else, and it turned out to be his guitar. "What do you want a banjo?" He said back, "No he wanted a sword." I said and rolled my eyes, I wanted to see how this will play out, Everyone was laughing and Joaquin taunted even further. Manolo strummed the guitar and said, "I'm gonna teach you some manners." I swear he could have said 'Let me play a lullaby as I knock you out.' or something. They soon got intervened by Maria who said she studied fencing. She caught Joaquin's sword and Manolo caught his guitar.

Settling this later, this is your friendship you both are tearing apart. "The bandeno's are coming!!" a kid burst in to yell. Everyone was now panicking, and I saw Manolo stand up. I also took out my sword, yes I carry a sword on my back like Manolo. I was ready to fight but then I heard a familiar voice. "Why don't you fight a real man with a really awesome mustache." Joaquin was soon off the roof in a jiffy, as he told Manolo to hold this, this and this. "Oh, and if that's too heavy you can just hand it to Maria." Ouch I'm going to hit him one day if he keeps it up. I didn't pay much attention to what happened next, Joaquin kicking there buts mostly, I didn't care. I rolled my eyes as they soon were running away. Joaquin was asking for the continuation of their conversation. She looked lost as her father persuaded her.

"Alright but how about tomorrow night? I'm a little tired from the excitement." She said buying herself some time, as Joaquin nodded. Manolo looked heart broken, I put a hand on his shoulder as I got him to turn and walk with me. We were soon out of eyes and ears of the town, walking down a street as I was taking him home. Manolo looked like a kicked puppy, "You know Manolo she is only doing this by putting her duty first and not her heart." I explained softly. "Yeah, I know, but..." Manolo started but sighed. "Manolo listen." We stopped as he turned to face me but his eyes were down staring at the ground.

I grabbed his chin softly and lifted it up, "Look at me Manolo." I said softly as his eyes were not locked with mine. "No matter what happens you can't just linger in the past. people have to push on and move forward or they will lose their way. I know You like Maria but everything will work out in the end on it's own, that's how life is. Even if Maria is gone, doesn't mean you'll lose me too. I'm your friend Manolo and I will stick with you no matter what. Alright?" I explained, he nodded, "Besides we can egg his house if you want." I saw his lips give up the frown and was replaced with a small smile, it may be small but it still worked.

I heard a soft chuckle soon leave his lips, "There's that smile. Come on let's get you home." I said letting go of his chin and grabbed his wrist dragging him along. I started small talk on anything but Maria and Joaquin, as we were soon at Manolo's house. "Good night Manolo, don't stay up too late." I joked as he nodded and went inside to go to bed. I was walking out and around town for a few minutes before one of my crows came to give me news.

And this news shocked me...