Understanding?

"But still, how did you survive?" Manolo asked me once again, I sighed. "Manolo, I was only meant to be a friend. But that changed and I care the same way you do... but maybe a bit more." I said, he looked happy but, "Where is this going?" he asked, "Not that I don't mind it, I mean." I rolled my eyes, and smiled, "I'm not all that I said I was, alright?" I said, turning my back to him, "What do you mean?" He questioned, "I doubt you would like the real me anyways." I muttered but loud enough for them to hear, "I would love you no matter what. dead or alive." He said and those words were the ones I was looking for.

"Promise?" I asked, I could feel him smile, "With all my heart." He said, "You better keep that promise." I said to him. He only laughed, "Now please explain." I gave him a sideways glance to think of the right words. "I was your friend, I died, but I know about the journey you took through the realms, I know everything that happened, So who am I?" I gave him a riddle, and smiled. "Do I get a hint?" He asked, still confused. 

"sure...There is life, there is death. but only time will tell which is which." I said to him, in a moment his eyes went wide. I knew who he thought of, "Wait... but." I had a small smile for him, "I know, there's a lot to take in. It's your choice, if you don't want-" I started, "No no, I..I like any form you have, because it's you. although, I like your skeleton form a bit more." I saw him break our gaze just to say that, I smiled and laughed as I hugged him.

I had enough courage to hug and then kiss him, he melted in it in an instance. My sis came up to us as we broke the kiss. I saw realization in her eyes, as she smiled, and said. "You know. Marco. you won the bet." I saw realization hit both Xibalba who looked a bit frightened for all that he did to me, and the Candle maker looked like his eyes were going to pop out of his skull. I decided to reveal my true self since the Sanchez family looks lost, The flames soon vanished and I was a little taller then Manolo by a good 8 inches. 

They froze like 'What is happening', but in the end no one cared about what I looked like or my role in the remembered, they only saw what I had been in my other form. A true friend, a good person, etc.

Manolo's father approved either way, I was welcomed into the family

Manolo's father approved either way, I was welcomed into the family. I had my leeway so I could travel back and forth if I wanted, Manolo, me and his father would go to the land of remembered to party till we had to go back. I can bend rules to you know, but still me and Manolo became partners in bullfighting and we don't kill the bulls.

Manolo's father passed over the years but we can still visit him, but after a long time Maria and her husband passed, Joaquin and his wife too. Manolo did as well but that didn't stop me, I welcomed him not just back to his family, but a permanent stay in the land of remembered, as well as in the castle. Me and Manolo kept on loving each other, and wrote our own story. together.

(alright cheesy ending I know, tell me what you think and what your ending would be for this. love to know and thank you.)

)