Till Death Do Us Part

I was walking around town, no one except Manolo or his father really knew me. Otherwise I was just a name floating in a breeze that only a few can remember to listen to. I was just walking through the city till I heard someone call my name, I looked back to see Manolo. "Hey, there you are. I have been wondering if maybe...you could show me a few more moves, like those you did the other night?" Manolo asked, rubbing the back of his neck. I smiled "Why not? I have all the time in the world after all, let's go then." I said truthfully as we walked and talked till we got to the arena.

"So wait! your father disowned you?!" I asked, Manolo nodded. that can't be right, just because of not killing a bull! "That's horrible Manolo, I'm sorry to hear that." I said stopping to put a hand on his shoulder, He sighed as we soon went back to walking. We were in the arena and went to practice. I saw Manolo start for the bull pin, but I stopped him by grabbing his hand. "Where do you think you're heading off to? hmm." I asked, he looked at me confused. "We aren't going to start that way, you got to learn a few things first." I said letting go of his hand, as I decided to tell him how it's done.

"Manolo dodging is key as well as leading. It's like dancing. although you have to be quick on your toes as well as not to be oblivious, but to get lost with in it." I said explaining, we tried simple dodging techniques as well as quickness, It was soon almost dark out. "Guess that's it for today, we'll pick up again tomorrow if you want?" I asked, Manolo smiled and nodded his head as we headed out. I was walking Manolo home, as we talked about the simple things. "So you really have been everywhere!" Manolo was surprised, I chuckled.

"Ya, it's a big world but only to places, but to humans it's a bit of a small world." I explained. We soon arrived home, "Hey Manolo." I started and Manolo listened as we stopped by the door. "You know if you found a beautiful place, gets some candles to lighten the mood and music, it can do wonders to a person." I winked and lightly elbowed him, "It might even work on *Marriiiaaaa*" I sang. I saw Manolo's gaze left for a random object.

"But who knows. See you tomorrow." I said walking away backwards, "Promise me that you will at LEAST try, Manolo." I told him as I turned after seeing him lightly nod and I was soon walking down the street. I soon saw Maria and Joaquin strolling down one of the streets, I overheard Joaquin talk about his medals. I rolled my eyes as Maria was on her doorstep and Joaquin walked away, as soon as Joaquin was out of sight Maria let out her frustration. I walked up to her and told her to calm down, "Wanna talk it out?" I asked and soon we were sitting on her doorstep as I listened to her rant, "Sorry I'm ranting aren't I?" I smiled, "Nah, you just need to let it out and I found out how you feel." She giggled, "So explain why you are like this? Hmmm?" I asked.

"Well Joaquin can protect the town but It's not who I want." I nodded, "You're putting a duty before a heart, If he was a true friend he would stay anyway." She nodded, "And Manolo he seems distant. I don't know what to do anymore." She sighed. "Well they are your friends, maybe you just need to ask the right questions and do the right things. They both missed you, maybe they just wanted to spend time with you like before?" I explained.

Maria looked at me and smiled before giving me a hug, "Thanks. um" She pulled back, "Cuervo, I had helped Manolo with bull fighting and kept him busy. You could say I'm a new friend, we became friends I think two days after you left?" I saw her smile, "Thanks, for helping and any friend of Manolo's is a friend of mine." She said hugging me once more. "I'm glad I could help. You look tired from Joaquin's rant. you should get some rest." I told her as she nodded and giggled. I got up and helped her up and watched her go inside, she had a bright smile on her face before I turned to leave. Little did I know a shadow had been watching, I was walking to the tree just outside of the town and sat down looking at the stars till morning.

"You getting to close now, my boy." I heard a familiar voice, as I didn't move my gaze but he came to block it. Xibalba was standing over me, "I can deal with you getting Manolo and Maria separated, but I won't have you interfering in Joaquin getting Maria." He growled, I just looked at him with a neutral look, I wasn't afraid of him, I knew if he got me mad he was always scared of me. "So, Cuervo was it? How about a deal, or wager? hmmm?" I had a look of confusion, but then noticed he never has seen my human form and he doesn't know it's me.

I smirked playing along as I stood up, and looked at him without fear, "What kind are you offering?" I said, as he looked a bit surprising. "Well a boy with enough courage not to fear me now? unheard of. but I was thinking maybe you can push Maria towards Joaquin since you're a 'friend' of hers now?" He simplified. "What's in it for me if it does happen?" I was curious, it was just a question or so I thought. "Anything you want. So what do you say?" He said as a hand was out for me, I smirked and crossed my arms, "I say..." My face changed to a neutral one as I said the next few words. "Go. F***.Your self. I'm not a traitor on my friends."

The face he made was priceless, shock. It was soon replaced by anger, "YOU DARE SAY THAT TO ME, I COULD HAVE GAVE ANYTHING YOU WANTED! so I'll once more but this time it will be you help or...you DIE." He was pissed, I didn't care, never did my courage falter. "AND I'LL SAY THIS ONCE MORE. GO. F***. YOURSELF. I'm not a traitor!" Once those words were out past my lips he was now beyond pissed. "Very well suit yourself." I felt my ankles burn as I looked down in a hast. I saw two heads of a snake bite my ankles, as I felt burning. I was used to it. The pain would bring even a man of steel down but me it was just warm. I saw my vision blur as I knew I was being sent back to the land of remembered.

My body would still be here but my mind elsewhere. I blacked out, and felt my body dragged behind the tree and buried, after that it faded away as I soon woke up. the real me in the land of remembered, I jerked up from my bed in the castle. I put a hand on my forehead as I breathed. Maybe it was for the best, after all Manolo knows what to do. He promised he would try....

It had to be for the best.