LET'S WRITE OUR OWN STORY

I heard his family try to change his mind and Carmelo "All you can eat churros." I chuckled, "That's a plus, I always love to bake them most." I smiled, but Manolo held his ground, "I need to be up there to set this right, It was my fault, and I need to fix this." Manolo explained, "Well the cave of souls, that's the only place where you can get to the land of the forgotten, I can help you get there but the trials are your own." I told Manolo, "But going there is certain doom." Luis said, "Well it's a good day for doom." Manolo said back, I just chuckled at that, he is brave when he needs to be. I'll give him that.

I clapped loudly and 4 horses came, "Well you need a ride to get there don't you?" I asked, as I shrunk down and got on one, "Just follow me I know where it's at." I explained, The Sanchez family said their goodbyes as we left. "The cave of souls is at the edge of the land of the remembered, where almost there." I said as we came upon a giant pillar. We got off the horses and began to climb, Luis was complaining, "Why can't you use your magic or something, Marco?" He asked, "I said I can't help you with the trials or you can't enter, I do this all the time anyway so I would you like a tip?" I said back, "Like?" Luis asked, "Get more exercise is one old man." I joked, "HA ha very funny, are we there yet?" Luis joked back, "Ya just a few more feet." I said as I helped him up over the edge.

I saw Luis start running, "I wouldn't do that!" I said but Luis got hit, I heard the 'you are not worthy' as I picked up Luis's head and gave it to Carmen. "Ma-ma!" Manolo said pushing her off the white line as I kept her in balance. "Manolo!" She said back, as his trial was beginning. "Manolo! there are only three boulders, try to get them stuck!" I shouted a hint at him as he began to run. "I can't see him lift me up." Luis said as Carmen tossed him up, I grew a bit to see him running, "where did he go?" Luis said as Carmen caught him. "He must have fallen down one of the holes." I said, "He is totally ok." Luis said but when he was tossed up, "Run for your life!" Luis yelled, as Manolo was running again, the three boulders where he wanted them as he soon was caught in the middle and they were stuck.

Luis started crying because of Manolo's dodging that I taught him in the ring, I knew he could do it. "No mortal has ever passed." It said I was a good distance away but I still heard what he said, "For Cuervo." I still can't believe him, but when the sword came down, he didn't blink and that sword broke. I now knew he wasn't lying, his heart said it all. I'll think of a way to tell him later to let him down gently or something. I was walking with the rest of them over to Manolo, after hearing the 'pure heart and courageous'.

Carmen hugged him but it was short lived as she smacked him saying 'don't do that again.' I shrunk down again as we entered, "This is the cave of souls?" Luis said, as Manolo said 'show some respect' "Where not there yet, it is only the entrance." I said to them as the Candle maker came out saying awesome. I couldn't stop chuckling at his antics; he was always someone to talk to. Manolo was trying to speak to him, "I have to find La Muerte." Manolo asked, as the Candle maker looked in the book, "Sorry you missed her Manolo." He said, as Manolo asked 'you know me?' Candle maker replied, "We know everybody, we know Luis, Carmen, Marco, and Puddle. How are you doing Puddle?" I laughed and joined in on it "Hey Puddle." I heard Manolo say hi to puddle he was if-y on it though.

"It's all here in the book of life." Candle Maker said, "Candle where are your manners?" I said as he made the floor lift up to reveal the real cave of souls. "Now this is a cave!" Luis was amazed, as the Candle maker explained the jest of it all. "You didn't do the thing. Candle." I said as he then made the real magic happen. "I didn't do the thing, I got to do the thing, watch this." He said as he clapped his hands together and the place lit up even more and candles came and surrounded us. Candle maker soon stopped to explain that the bandits were on the march, and the end of the town. "Please, help me go back." Manolo begged. "I can't do that Manolo." He said sadly but the book stopped him, "Ok look guys the book of life holds everyone's story, but the pages on Manolo's life, there blank." He said, I knew what that meant, I was clueless now.

This one guy that I have befriended, that I care about, and now love, who loves me back but not my true self. This one guy who is pure of heart, courageous and down right trying to fight for his town and save this bet. I just can't process this and now his life is left up to him, well...who knows might happen. that's what I'm if-y about, he could love me back...or not. "You don't live the life that was written for you, you are writing your own story." Candle maker said as his mind was blown.

 "That's good?" Luis said, "Yes because Manolo gets to decide the ending for himself and what happens next." I explained, "Does this mean you will help me find La Muerte?" Manolo asked, "Well me and Marco aren't supposed to interfere but we do and can bend the rules just a little." Candle maker explained, "After all it is the day of the dead." I said, as the candle maker moved us over to a waterfall. "Alright we'll take you to La Muerte." He said but then Manolo said he was going alone and a whole argument went down, Candle maker and I tried to say something but they wouldn't listen and they were soon jumping through the waterfall.

"No retreat no surrender!" Manolo said jumping through the waterfall, "I tried to warn them." Candle maker said, as I jumped after them. I had my sombrero become a platform as It caught Manolo, and the book of life caught Luis and Carmen. I was standing next to Manolo who was still screaming. "You Sanchez's need to look before you go jumping through magic waterfalls." Candle maker said floating down, "I agree on that." I said as Manolo got off, and I regained my tall shape, as we walked to the castle.

"La Muerte! I need a word with you my lady!" Manolo said as we ran through the hall, "Manolo, but how did you get here?" My sis asked, "I had some help." Manolo said, before she saw me and the candle, "Hey sis," I said as the candle chuckled, "Brother, candle maker. Carmen, and the head of Luis?" She said snapping her fingers as his body came back to him. "I know about the wager, Xibalba cheated." Manolo said as my sis was now angry. "yeah. with a two headed snake!" Manolo explained, my sis was now pissed, "You might want to cover your ears now." I said in sync with the candle as we all covered our ears as she shouted and her candles were aflame.

"XIBALBA!"

"Yes my dear?" Xibalba said, appearing with two cups and wine, but dropped them when he saw us. Oh was he in a word of hurt now. My sister was now on him, "You cheated, again!" She hissed, as Xibalba played innocent. "Oh, that..it has a mind of it's own, or two." He tried to cover up. "That is unforgivable." She hissed harshly, as Xibalba gave us info "oh please, I never sent that snake to Maria and Cuervo, and never gave that medal to Joaquin." Xibalba realized what he said, and nearly dropped his staff. "What medal." I could tell she was trying to hold her anger in as her teeth were clenched. "Uh, the one I never gave him. ever at all, who is this Joaquin?" Xibalba was horrible at lying.

"you gave him the medal of everlasting life!" she said as she grabbed his face roughly. "yes." Xibalba said, as Manolo questioned, "whoever wears the medal can't die or be injured." I explained, as Manolo processed it. La Muerte slapped Xibalba and Carmen soon got helped up as she slapped him too. "Thank you." she said as she sent a glare at Xibalba, this family was tough to scare. "Can I get a slap too?" Candle asked, "Ya I want one." I said, cracking my knuckles, as they protested on sending Manolo back.

"It's only fair." my sister said gently as Xibalba groaned in disgust. My sister sent him that look as he turned away, "Please? Balby?" She said gently pushing his wing away, they questioned 'Balby' "They have a complicated relationship." I whispered to them. My sister soon turned sour, "Manolo. You know they like bets, why not convince them." I knelt down and whispered to Manolo.

"Why not a little wager?" Manolo asked them, and that caught their attention. "If I win I get my life back." Manolo said but Xibalba had nothing he wanted, "But I do, If you win Xibalba you rule both realms." My sister said, "And I'll throw in the rest of my half of the realm, as well just to spice this up for you." I said as he looked to agree, "You name the task, anything you want, and I will beat you." Manolo said as Xibalba looked uninterested, "What are you afraid you might lose?!" Manolo shouted, as the candle maker looked concerned, "Do we have a deal?" Manolo asked.

"WE have a deal, now tell me boy, what keeps you up at night? what eats you from the inside? What do you say is your worst fear?" Xibalba said as he leaned in, I saw Manolo's glance but It wasn't at the guitar, He told me his fear and the swords weren't it. "Got it." Xibalba said as he snapped his fingers and we were in an arena.