Under the skin

My crow told me that Manolo was staying up and looked off, so I flew to a nearby house and saw him. But the thing that caught my eye was Manolo in his bedroom but that he did look...conflicted. I sent one of my ravens to knock on his window, as he let it in, I began to realize something as he talked. Manolo was talking to my raven like it would understand, in truth it does but it wouldn't tell another soul besides me what it hears.

"Hello, there." Manolo started as the raven was perched on the post at the end of his bed, "What are you doing out at this hour." (quote the raven nevermore, Poe inspired reference)The raven looked at him more as if saying the same thing back, "I'm just thinking that's all." Manolo made his way to sit on his bed, he let out a sigh. I raven crowded wanting an explanation. "I'm just thinking who that guy in the ring was.'' The raven looked to say go on, "I can't help but watch, I was so in transit by his show he put on, like I wanted to...dance with him down there. I don't know, maybe just because I'm a bullfighter."

The raven knew he denied his feelings and saw the rose I left him upon his desk, the raven flew over and pecked at it, not damaging it but just to point it out. Manolo saw this and got up to pick it up, as he looked at it he softly smiled, the raven crowed and Manolo knew he had been caught. "I just don't understand...I feel....conflicted...like...like....I care?" Manolo had a distant look on his face as he said the last part quietly, "I just can't get him out of my head...like I want to know...who exactly was this guy?" Manolo was speaking softly like in a trance, he just kept staring at the rose I had left him and twirling it lightly.

The raven saw some other flowers that were put in a vase off to the side of his dresser, the raven flew over there pointing them out. Manolo caught sight of them and remembered wondering who left them for him on his bed. "I always wondered where those came from when I was little, I thought they would die by now but they still look brand new. I still wonder, is there someone looking out for me?" Manolo put the rose in his hand in the boutique. 

He looked at it in a...longing way. I had to do something to keep myself off his mind like this, so I would reveal myself, not my true self but someone he would know. I leaped to his window ledge and sat on it, since his window was open.

"Hey Manolo." I said, as he turned around to see me, "Cuervo!?" I laughed at his shocked face, he was startled. I had put my mask on, "Yep." I removed my mask, And smiled. "You're the man from the arena?!" He was at loss of words after that. "I'm never one to out shine a friend, sorry about that." I said rubbing the back of my neck, as the raven flew out and away. "Oops didn't mean to scare away company." I laughed and moved to sit on Manolo's bed.

Manolo chuckled and sat next to me, "Nah, but I didn't know you where that good of a bullfighter. That was...amazing Cuervo." He said making me feel a bit better, but his yawn he was trying to hold back had come out on my notice. "Geez Manolo, You should get some sleep, you shouldn't stay up. You're lucky I was in the neighborhood. we'll talk about this tomorrow. Alright." I said getting up and moving to his window.

"Cuervo wait!" I turned half way around, "Cuervo well....ah.....never mind, Good night." Manolo looked to say something else but I didn't want to pry. "YA! Good night to you too." I said climbing onto the window sill. I looked back at Manolo who was watching me, "Oh, and Manolo. The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how they love them while they're still alive. Remember this...OK?" I said and jumped out the window, soon disappearing over some roof tops.

I disappeared knowing that maybe Manolo would tell Maria and she would love him, then my sisters Bet would be complete as they married and she would win.

But little did I know fate had other plans in store for me.