Just Be Yourself

We are now at the arena in the land of the remembered, I was hoping that Manolo can handle this, I knew he could but...I guess I'm still If-y on this. "Manolo Sanchez, you will have to defeat every bull the Sanchez family ever finished...All. At. Once." Xibalba said, waiting for Manolo to fail. "If you complete this task you will live again. and if you fail you will be forgotten. forever." Xibalba finished. "This is impossible, it can't be done." Candle said, "He's a Sanchez, there is hope." I said watching Manolo, as the bulls came running.

Manolo was putting up a good fight, but after a bit he was struggling. I felt something off, one of my ravens came to me, but there was bad news. "Manolo, your fathers here!" Candle said he wasn't dead but in a few minutes he was going to be. "Manolo the Bandits are at the gates of the city." He said as I looked at Manolo, "you have to overcome your fear. and I know which one it is," I said to him as he was picking himself up, "Just be yourself Manolo." I said, giving him a little smile. The bulls were now forming to become a big bull.

It's roar shook the arena, "Man this is a whole lot of bull." Candle said, "I agree." I said back, and now a ring of fire? oh Manolo you better have a plan now. Manolo soon got hit and went flying, he ran into the arena. "Ouch. That's going to leave a mark." I said, as Manolo was getting up again. Manolo rushed under the bull as it hit the wall of the arena, I'm glad I taught him my tricks. I clapped at that, I heard Xibalba growl. But the wave of the impact swept Manolo off his feet. Both his guitar and sword went flying. Manolo looks pained, I wish I could help him but I can't not now anyways.

Manolo went to go grab his sword but I knew better than that, Xibalba was watching him closely at this point. Manolo looked at his family and looked to be thinking, he then looked at me, and went down to grab the sword but stopped. He grabbed his guitar instead, and I felt glad, because his guitar held the rose I gave him between the strings at the top. He started strumming but the bull hit him, he went flying. Manolo grabbed his guitar once more as he stood up to play once again. He looked at the rose and I saw a small smile on his face, as he started a song.

I heard ever word and the meaning behind them, as the bull ran up and was about to end this. I saw Xibalba look happy and my sister worried. Manolo kept playing as the bull didn't kill him, Manolo was getting to the bull as it began to calm down, it's fire left him and the arena. The bull was soon laying down, I saw Xibalba's jaw drop, I saw Candle close it as Xibalba was still in shock. Manolo went to touch the bull as it soon turned to flower petals, and went away. "He did it!" Candle said, I was clapping. "Yes, he did." I heard my sister say. "Well I'll give him that." Xibalba was impressed, and I was clapping with a smile on my face. Xibalba wasn't wrong, Manolo's fear was never bull fighting.

Manolo's father was proud, and they had a moment of understanding. His family came down to see Manolo. They were proud of him, and I was too. Manolo has conquered his fear, his fear of being himself. "In accordance of ancient rules." Candle started off, "We give you life." We said together. Manolo soon looked back to his old self again, although I still like his 'dead' look too. I sent a few crows and ravens to patch up his father that was hanging on for life.

We soon sent him upward as now, it's up to him to stop the bandits.