Chapter Five

AALIYAH

I was now boarding onto the plane, following right beside Amber. I couldn't process what was happening.

Jace was on the same flight as I was going to be. This was my only chance to prove myself, I couldn't mess up this opportunity just because one guy that I had officially put on my hit list.

Besides, I wasn't going to see him anyway if he was flying along with the other two pilots so it wasn't as bad as I was making it to be. I just had to stay away from him as far as possible though, when we layover in Albuquerque.

"It's not the reaction I usually see." Amber then said. I looked to her confused.

"Reaction?" I asked. She giggled.

"The way you stared at Jace with those death glares when he walked onboard. I'm guessing he's the twit you were talking about. Women usually give him the exact opposite expression." She explained to me. I snickered.

No wonder why he acted like he was so entitled. Boy needed to be knocked down his pedestal.

"Is he always so self absorbed and a sexist pig?" I asked her curiously.

"Among others things. He usually doesn't like to talk about them though. When he first started here 6 years ago, he was nothing like this. Then a year later, he suddenly just changed and we just had to accept it because he was still the best head pilot we had." She told me.

Figured. Not only was he full of himself, he knew others praised him and he liked it that way.

"What did he do to you to make you so pissed?" She then asked me.

"More like what he didn't do. He made somewhat of an interest in me, then when I caught him sucking faces with some blonde girl within that same hour he acted like somehow it was my fault." I told her still angered and annoyed about the matter.

She smirked and nodded. "Blonde girl with brown eyes and a tight fitted body, who's too pretty knowing she is? That's my best friend Rachel Brooks. She's a bit-" she started to finish.

Suddenly, a body then pushed me and Amber straight down the middle as the same girl was now seen holding her luggage.

"I can't believe Evette is letting some low rate newbie take on this flight with us A." She said glaring toward me and walking ahead of us both.

Clearly she didn't like me for some reason.

"Thank you!" I said trying to spin it around, to make it positive.

"Much." Amber finished her sentence. "She's cool once you get to know her trust me. It may take a few years...or decades. But the bottom line is, you'll get there." She said.

Nice to know she would come around to me when I was retired. Girl drama wasn't what I signed up for either so I decided from here on out until we landed in Miami, no more hiccups.

We now stepped onboard the plane, as I turned the corner to see where I would be the next 18 hours and I gasped in shocked, amazement, and in awe.

It was literally the best flight layout and design I had ever seen in my life. Bright vibrant colors, intricate detailed seats for first class. Heading toward the back passing an colorful galley way to the business class section, it was a mini bar with an endless amount of alcohol for the passengers to enjoy.

If I thought it stopped there, it didn't. Looking up, I saw a small flight of stairs showcasing the second floor of seats which I was thinking was basic economy. It was like a five star resort in the sky and everything was so expensive and elegant. Since when did planes have two floors?!