Chapter Seventeen

AALIYAH

I was in the dressing room of the department store me and Jace decided to go to, to get some fresh clothes as I kept trying different items on.

Jace was across from me on the opposite dressing room doing the same, with just only us two right now trying anything on. As much fun as I actually was having with him shopping and all, my mind was still hooked and racing on how much time we had left in order to get to Miami if we got here with no plan.

"What if we took the train?" I asked him throwing over a shirt on my head.

"I checked. Any train rides through her to New Orleans are at least 9 hours long." He said.

We didn't have 9 hours if we still had to figure out how to get from New Orleans to our final destination without taking any kind of airlines.

"This is stupid!" I said while I was struggling to fix my bra strap, that was entangled with one of the shirts.

"I know it is, but this is all we can do Aaliyah." He said to me. I sighed.

"No, not the fact that we're incredibly clueless on our next move. My bra hook keeps messing up every time I put on something." I said shaking my head distressed.

I didn't need this to be added to my list of problems on top of everything else.

"I can help you with that." He then said now shyly.

My whole body froze. I could feel my face getting hot. For two people who just basically said we couldn't be together, was sure having even more attraction toward the other than before.

"Uh no!" I said to him assertively. I could hear him chuckle.

"Who else is here that can?" He then asked.

I pondered over that logic very close and carefully and realized he was completely right. The only employees I saw available to ask for help were all guys I didn't even know.

So it was either I had continued wearing it in discomfort, get a strange dude to help me, or get the man I've been holding back my feelings to this whole time touch me in a way that would be more pleasurable than anyone would ever know.

"Fine." I said timidly.

I sighed and turned to the mirror, trying to fix my hair better than the mess I had going on now and straightened up my bra before turning and nodding to myself and opening the door,  poking my head out only.

But the second I did, I found Jace was already standing in front of me smiling kindly and leaning against my dressing room door.

"How'd you get here so fast?" I asked curiously.

"I was really motivated." He told me clearing his throat shyly.

I smirked and gestured for him to come inside as now a employee guy came up and looked to us weirdly. We both smiled to him smugly.

"He's with me." I said.

I knew all the things he probably was thinking. I quickly grabbed Jace's arm and jerked him inside as I closed the door and...completely misjudged the size of the room.

I could instantly feel him breathing down extremely close to my face, our bodies pushed up together tightly, and his eyes now widening at how unclothed I was. His breath was beginning to hitch as he froze and I blushed like crazy.

"Sorry if this is a bit too personal." I said, biting my lip down hesitantly.

He then began doing the same with his even more harder and the tension was definitely getting out of control. I wanted to touch every inch of him, and feel how much we wanted this to work.