Chapter Twenty

AALIYAH

Me and Jace were driving inside of Miguel's car as his driver was only being focused on the road, and Miguel for some reason on...me.

I kept looking out the window worried and a bit panicky as I could feel his deep and longing stares toward me. I could sense Jace too doing the same to both of us. Though the way Jace was looking at him, was more of a stern and untrustworthy expression.

"So Miguel! Tell me, why do you want Aaliyah?" He blurted out dryly.

I shot my head to him and my eyes widened as Miguel smirked and shrugged.

"Excuse me?" Miguel asked.

"I'm sorry. Did that come out wrong? I meant why do you want to help me and Aaliyah out? Kinda weird that some stranger just waltz in and tries to take a girl he doesn't even know to his house." He said smugly.

"Jace..." I whispered to him assertively.

"What? He can't answer a question?" He asked. I sighed.

"Not if you don't have a way to get to our next destination." I told him. Miguel shook his head.

Something was up with him that he clearly couldn't shake off. Whatever it was, he had to get over it and let Miguel do what he needed to do.

"It's okay Aaliyah, I can handle your friend's question." Miguel then said. Jace smirked.

"There you go with that word again." Jace replied awry. What was his problem?

"That's the word she used to refer to you." Miguel fired back. I had to step in.

This was getting a bit too much and this mild banter was getting more unbearable to hear.

"I know! How about you tell us how far we are until we get there." I interjected.

Both guys looked to me and nodded, glaring to each other as I could care less what was going on between them. I knew Jace didn't trust him and I barely did myself, but there was no other solution and if this was the only way, acting like a prick to the man wasn't going to help.

Miguel looked out of the window and smiled happily. "We're here."

Thank god.

His driver then pulled up as me and Jace looked out the window and saw a big, elegant, and grand lake house with high end designs and details, as I smiled wide at the how amazing it looked.

It soon came to a halt and we all were getting out the car now seeing a giant fountain with a grand garden around it. I was completely memorized by the beauty of it while Jace stood next to me with an expression that was more sour than sweet.

Miguel then walked up to me and smiled, grabbing a graceful hold onto my hand.

"Miss Woods...and friend." He said peering toward Jace. He glared back. "Welcome to my lovely abode. I have to get the boat started and making sure it's functioning properly, but please make yourselves at home with whatever you like until then." He told us.

I smiled shyly and nodded, trying to take my hand away as I felt Jace now staring at us even more tensed. I was tired of seeing him like this. If he had a problem he had better tell me now.

We all then made out way inside hoping this was all going to work out.

Once we walked in the front foray, it was also the grand living room with rocks cascading down the walls stylishly as I beamed from ear to ear, blown away and fascinated by the aesthetics of the whole place.