Chapter Eight

AALIYAH

Once I was down at the outdoor bar of the hotel, I could see it was filled with many couples, tourists, and partiers having a blast. I smiled to myself at how much fun they were having.

I then turned around to the bar area to see a bunch of women surrounded by someone shouting, laughing, and dancing around. I made my way over there trying my best not to get in the way of whatever was going on.

As I got to the edge of the bar, I noticed no one from my flight was here. So, I was pleased that I had a few minutes even by myself to enjoy and have somewhat peace.

"Can I get a burger with fries please?" I asked the bartender, who looked over to me nodding.

As I was looking around, while he was preparing my meal I caught sight of who the women were hanging out with across from me and glared. Of course it had to be Jace.

"Alright! All single ladies here on getting free shots! On me! Just charge it to my hotel tab which is covered my piloting airline!" He shouted bragging.

The whole crowd went wild as I rolled my eyes. What did anyone see in this guy besides his looks and occupation?

I could still be here, I just had to not make any eye contact with him. But then again it was the universe hates me day. So he then saw me anyway and I cringed and sighed.

Smiling smugly toward me, I shook my head to myself. There was no catching a break.

"Couldn't get enough of me could you?" He asked me.

I icily stared him down as he managed to wiggle his way out of his flock of fans, walking up to me.

"What do you want from me Jace?" I asked.

"I can show you better than I can tell." He said now raising his eyebrow at me.

"I rather walk into oncoming traffic." I said to him.

"You could but I would just save your life if you did." He then said now more, genuinely?

Highly doubtful though. Maybe it was just the exhaustion in me hearing things differently.

"Look, I'm not going to argue with you again. I get it. You do you, so let me do me and enjoy my meal in peace." I said tiredly. He chuckled.

"I can pay for it for you. I'm sure it's not a problem-" he started to say.

"I can pay for my own meals alright. So how about you go back to your little classroom you got over there?" I replied.

"I rather just take a private lesson from you." He said sensually.

I rolled my eyes and turned to him and smirked. "This is sexual harassment you know."

"Oh relax Aaliyah. I know you're not actually going to do it, despite my urge for you to really do." He said whispering the last part of his sentence.

I blushed a little secretly but quickly covered it all up.

"Do you ever just loosen up? Man, the entire time we've met, I hardly have you seen you open up to me unless I'm handing my pen to you. Don't tell me you're one of those freaky perfectionist types." He said to me. I shrugged.

"What's so bad about that? I loosen up plenty okay. I don't need to prove anything to you." I told him.

"Then don't. Prove it to yourself. Have a shot." He said to me casually.