Chapter Twenty-Two

AALIYAH

Sitting and staring into space, I was in shock.

I was on a fancy boat, riding with the hottest man I've met, and I couldn't bring myself to say a word. I couldn't believe what almost happened to me. To think someone would do that so easily and effortlessly, sickened me just thinking over and over about it.

I felt Jace staring at me carefully and concerned as I still couldn't manage to move at the moment. It was like I was paralyzed and unable to come to terms how idiotic I felt to trust a guy like Miguel.

"Aaliyah-" Jace finally worked himself up to start finally saying.

I turned slowly to him, calm at the sound of not only the waves...but his smooth voice.

"Jace don't. Right now...I just want a distraction. Okay?" I asked softly.

He nodded and walked up closer to me and sat down at a distant. I didn't need him to be this far away from me, I needed a distraction. Thought he was good at this.

"You shouldn't-" he started to tell me. I shook my head and turned to him annoyed.

"Don't tell me what I shouldn't do. I don't want to think about this anymore. So in order to forget, I need to do something else. Right?" I began to say.

I then started taking off my jacket, revealing my exposed shoulders and arms, pulling my shirt a little bit down so I could pass off as even remotely alluring. I then flirtatiously began eyeing him down, turning my whole body to him. "Distract me." I breathlessly requested.

"What?" He asked now mystified. Did he not understand English?

I quickly then grabbed his shoulders and began guiding his body down to be on top of mine, as he was now in complete shock, confusion, and surprised.

"Aaliyah no. I'm not gonna do this with you." he firmly said.

"Why?! This is what you do isn't it?!" I asked him now tearing up. "Do what you want with me. Please. I can't think of-" I tried to make out.

But before I could, I just bursted into tears covering my hands over my face.

Jace stared at me before grabbing me back up as I was now straddling him. He then bit his lips roughly staring at me and what I thought was going to be a kiss...he pulled me into a tight hug.

"It's okay. Shhh, it's gonna be okay." He assured me.

"I feel so stupid." I uttered weakly.

"You're not stupid. Not even in the least. I'm the one who should be so sorry. I wasn't there for you when you needed me." He said to me sadly.

I could hear the pain in his voice. I continued sobbing and clutched on tight to him and shook my head.

"Don't blame yourself. You were right. About him, about me. I was just so focused on getting there-" I began to ramble on. He then pulled me back and stared intently at me.

"I haven't been right. Aaliyah, I hate the man that you saw before all of this happened and when we started. You are the most amazing woman I've ever met and that guy was a pig. You haven't done anything wrong. I've been the one wrong, he was the one wrong, you have always been the one right." He explained.

I let out a small smile and could feel the butterflies again. This was who Jace truly was.

"Thank you." I said. He smiled and shrugged.