28

tw! dissociation.

-
"ughhh.." i sighed, leaning back into my car seat. another day of working my ass off and staying out until two a.m. don't get me wrong, i loved teaching dance, but i was so sick of these hours. i pulled away from the studio in exhaustion, but snapped out when my phone began to ring annoyingly loud.

christopher 🎧 would like facetime..

"facetime??" i whined, propping my phone up. when i answered, chris's smiling face immediately popped onto the screen.

"hey!" he cheered. he seemed to be in the studio, as always.

"hey." i said nonchalantly. the tiredness was laced in my voice as i drove down the road.

his face dropped into a frown when he saw my appearance. "jae, are you just driving home? what about the 'not overworking yourself' deal we had?" he sighed.

i pulled off into a pit-stop, nearly falling asleep at the wheel. i was anxious, my body was shaking and i was exhausted. "i'm so tired channie.." i whispered, focusing on the people outside my car. suddenly, my mind began to fill with empty thoughts as my vision became blurry and disoriented.

"i know jae, i know. i'm so proud of you, you know that right?" he consoled.

his words were muffled and were pushed to the back of my mind. when i looked back outside, the people didn't seem real. i looked down at my hands, which were still shaking profusely.

"jae? you hearing me?" he asked again.

no response. "what is happening..?" i whispered out loud. i didn't even realize what what happening until chris spoke up again.

"ah-hey baby? you're slipping princess, come back to me." he hummed, concern lacing his voice.

my eyelashes fluttered open to look up at the boy. his expression was soft with a kind smile plastered on it. i attempted to speak, but a jumble of inaudible words just spewed out.

"hey no it's okay, you don't have to talk, okay? you okay to drive? nod if you're okay, baby." chris spoke.

i nodded sheepishly, sitting there for a few more seconds before starting my engine up again. we sat in a comfortable silence for a little while. "talk about your day." i managed to huff out.

"oh-okay!" he smiled. "well changbin, jisung, and i woke up around 9 in the morning.." chris went on about what they did today, something about minho almost beating the shit out of changbin.

i giggled at that part, but mostly just focused on the road. after what seemed like an eternity, i finally pulled into my driveway. shutting my car off, i unbuckled my seatbelt and let out an exasperated sigh.

"jaehyun.." he sighed at me.

"gotta go." i frowned. i smiled lightly at him, waving at the screen. "bye chris."

"wait- jaehyun?"

"yeah..what's up?"

"will you be my girlfriend..?"