40

paid housing, meals, a great paycheck; all to be a choreographer. that's what led me to the situation i'm in now- beck, yelling at the top of her lungs, and not in the good way.

"are you fucking kidding me jaehyun?! what about NYU? you're seriously gonna leave me in new york by myself?" she rambled, running her hands through her hair. a furrowed expression was plastered on her face.

"why are you being like this, beck?" i shouted in retaliation. of COURSE i was going to take this offer, why wouldn't i?

she huffed in aggravation,"you made a PROMISE, jae. does that not mean anything to you?"

"of course it does!" i exclaimed. "why won't you just be happy for me, you can just stay!" obviously, that's not what she had in mind. her frustrated screams became too much for me to handle. grabbing my keys, i stormed out of the apartment, dialing the first number i thought of.

"jae? what's up, we're kinda busy right now?" felix chuckled awkwardly, answering his phone.

"felix, what the hell is this letter?!" i practically yelled into the phone. i could hear lix's confused tone over the speaker. i sighed in frustration, "the jyp one?"

"what jyp one?" he asked, genuinely perplexed. "jaehyun, i don't know what you're talking about. do i need to get chris?"

"no." i insisted, "just- why did i get a JOB OFFER from jyp?"

"i-" there was a pause on his end, some muffled voices and shuffling before he returned back on the line. "jae i just asked the guys, they have NO idea where that came from. chris just got back, i'm handing the phone to him."

"no- felix dont-"

chris cut me off, "hey jae. lix says you're going on about a job offer, whats the matter?" he asked. i sighed heavily, whining in annoyance. my body was being sent into a spinning overdrive, all i wanted to do was just curl up into a shaking ball.

"i dunno..i got a letter in the mail from jyp offering me a job. beck is freaking out, i'm frustrated, i just- ugh." my emotions spewed all at once. chris began to speak, but i couldn't focus- i couldn't focus on anything. my mind was traveling a million miles a minute, all i could do was stare at the silver, cold keys in my hand. the world felt like it was spinning yet so calm at the same time. everything was overwhelming, i just needed it to stop.

"jaehyun." chris's voice went dark fast, "jae, come back to me." i could hear the man's words but yet, i was stuck. hot tears ran down my cheeks, yet no emotion followed them- just empty sobs. "my beautiful baby." i heard him whisper, "you're slipping my love."

"i'm so tired." i thought to myself, ignoring chan's words. my whole figure felt like it could collapse under my worried thoughts. where was i gonna go? what was i gonna do? "please." i pleaded silently.

"jaehyun, i need you to come back to me." those words snapped me back into reality, jerking me from my dissociated state.

"i gotta go home chris. i cant stay here anymore."

-