29

it felt like the whole world stopped in that moment. my eyes widened in pure shock, "w-what?"

"well i mean, would you LIKE to be my girlfriend? you don't have to say yes or anything right now, but i just want you to know that it's there. i like you, okay? i know now isn't the best time but--i want you to know i'm here. so no, i'm not technically asking you out but.." he spewed nervously, leaning back into his chair.

"chris.." i smiled at his worried expression, "i appreciate you taking it so slow with me; you're one of the best people i've ever met. of course, i like you too. i'll let you know when the time is right, okay?"

he sighed in relief, nodding and breaking out into a fit of happy giggles. "okay jae, you have to go?"

i looked at him, that smile that is so radiant it could replace the sun. his beautiful eyes and that messy hair. he looked beautiful, wow. "no um, can you stay for a little longer?"

"i thought you'd never ask."

-

?? pov

i exited the cab and began to walk into the busy building. my brother stood walking beside me, attempting to catch up. "jesus can you walk any slower?" i laughed.

"sorry that YOU got the tall genes, not my fault." he scoffed, shoving my arm.

i slapped his hand away. "hit me one more time and i will SCREAM bomb." i threatened.

he laughed, setting our suitcases onto the conveyor belt. i sighed as we sat in line, patiently waiting for them to be done checking. i glanced at the time, 4:45 pm. "our plane boards in fifteen minutes you twat!" i whisper-shouted at him, "why did you take so long at mom and dad's?"

"they made udon! i wasn't gonna pass that up!" seiko whined loudly.

i scoffed, "and you didn't bring me any? you hog!" before he could respond to my scolding, the lady politely returned our bags to us. i smiled, thanking her.

"you're so lucky simari." he instigated, laughing as we got to the boarding line. i pinched the back of his arm, causing him to yelp in pain. "ow! you bitch."

"boarding flight 301, new york to seoul. again, boarding flight 301, new york to seoul. thank you."