55

two days- it had been two days.

it felt like 19.

i sat on the couch of my apartment, bored out of my mind. i had attempted to cook myself lunch..which ultimately turned out to me ordering myself take out. i wanted to do laundry but i got distracted and didn't feel like it. also, i tried to call beck but she. wasn't. answering. so now i lay sprawled out, eating noodles, with absolutely nothing to do.

until i got a knock on my door.

i sighed heavily, getting up from my comfortable seat and moving my way over to my door. i opened it to be met with a man- about 6'0. he had tattoos painted across his arms, some covered by his black pants and t-shirt. dark hair, brown eyes.

"hello." he greeted, bowing at me. "i am hyunsuk. i just moved in here!" the man smiled.

i cocked my eyebrow at his cheery demeanor, rolling my eyes as i walked back into my apartment. he followed, closing the door behind him. apparently my crudeness was appealing to him, shockingly enough.

"and you are?" he chuckled, sliding into one of the stools in my kitchen.

i smiled lightly, grabbing us two lemonades from our of my fridge. "jaehyun." i stated, sliding the glass bottle over to him. he nodded and looked over at my tv, which was playing some dumb nexflix show i couldn't remember the name of. i played with the strings of my sweatpants awkwardly as he made himself at home. "probably was not the best idea to allow a stranger into my home was it?" i stated, breaking the silence.

"no, definitely not. don't worry though, i am not going to kill you." hyunsuk laughed, turning back to face me. "what'd you do to your foot?"

"soccer accident- scored the winning shot before it just boom, broke." i exaggerated, accenting on the boom. the man obviously did not but whatever fable i was making up, because he just rolled his eyes with a stupid smirk in his face.

"yeah- okay." he scoffed, "what REALLY happened?"

i sighed, forcing back the smile on my lips. "i'm a dancer, a few stress fractures later and now i am here." i pointed down to the hefty plastic weighing down my leg. "not as cool as my soccer story, huh?"

"no no, WAY cooler than you soccer story." the man smiled, looking into my eyes. i thanked him quietly and looked down at my toes wiggling awkwardly in my right sock. but before i got the chance to speak again- my doorbell rang.

both our attentions jerked over to the door. "i should go." hyunsuk stated. i nodded in agreement, walking him out and opening my door. chris stood there- wide smile fading once he saw the taller man beside me. "good to meet you, jaehyun." he hummed, slipping past chris.

"you too."

-