36

"hm what do you want to eat beautiful?" chris asked, sitting beside me. i smiled at his appearance, his shaggy dark brown hair lay messily over his forehead. he was bare-faced, a bit of a tired expression placed across it.

"i dunno." i shrugged, "i miss new york food."

"tell me about it!" beck interrupted, taking the seat between seungmin and i. "i cant wait for us to go back."

jeongin spoke up from across the room, "you aren't staying?" he pouted slightly.

"mm no unfortunately." i stated, "beck and i are going to nyu next semester and we want to go back so we can spend some time with our friends. other than you all, and chan, there's really nothing else for us here." i took a glance up at chan, he sported a weak smile, pulling me closer to him.

"sure there is!" hyunjin cheered, "jae you're a dancer, right? there's so many opportunities here for you. and beck, i'm not sure what you enjoy doing but the schools here in korea are REALLY nice. just stay~."

"pfft i wish, but it is what it is. at least i'm here now." i smiled.

"hey jae can i talk to you for a sec?" chris blurted out. i nodded, following him onto the front porch. he shut the door behind us and faced me. "so jae, uhm..i know that we have talked about this but, i need to ask you something, okay?" he spoke softly.

i nodded once again, "of course chris, anything."

"you look beautiful." his tone got lower, his voice barely audible. "i'm so glad you're here." taking a few steps closer to me, he grabbed my hands shakily. "jae.." he whispered anxiously, "can i-can i kiss you?"

my eyes fluttered closed, was this really about to happen? i could feel myself start to slip away.

what are you doing?

say NO say NO.

you don't want this, you're falling too hard.

go back! say no.

"jae? jae." chris snapped my out of my thoughts. his face fell a bit in disappointment, "you're not ready, that's okay i'm sorry. let's go inside, okay?" he turned for the door, but i grabbed his arm to face me. in one swift motion, my hand was on the back of his head and it was connecting our lips together. he was startled at first, but slowly relaxed as he pressed a little further into the kiss. after a few seconds, he pulled away softly. "jae i-."

"i want to be your girlfriend, chris." i spoke rather bluntly. holy shit i just said those words.

"wait- really?" he smiled happily. i nodded, pressing my lips into his once again. "but you hesitated, jae." his lips frowned once again.

"i-i had to think, okay? but i'm sure, only if you are."

"i'm positive jae, i promise."

-