33

1.2k reads!!? #1 in straykidsff?! BYE GUYS I STG IM SOBBING RN THANK YOU I-

-

DADDYCHAN
hi princess! how are you?

ME
hey, i'm okay.

DADDYCHAN
just okay? :,( what's wrong?

ME
it's really nothing, i promise

-

christopher🎧 is calling..

i groaned, looking down at my buzzing phone. while keeping my eyes on the busy road i hesitantly answered his call. "hey."

"another late night, hm?" he asked.

i sighed at the traffic in front of me. "yeah."

"i take it you're not home yet?"

"what gave it away?" i chuckled lightly, "was it the loud vehicle horns or that i got out of work a half hour ago and i haven't moved out of this same damn spot in twenty fucking minutes?" more frustrated groans escaped my lips as the cars in front of me slowly inched forward.

"hey hey calm down okay? it'll all be okay i promise, you'll get home soon." chris consoled solemnly. he exhaled, leaning back in his chair. "why don't you tell me the BEST part of your day?"

i took a long glance at the honking vehicles in front of me and whined. "ughh~ okay uhm. well these two girls came in today; young, about 14, and they told me they were interested in becoming trainees. i smiled at them and helped them with the basics, you know? they were super sweet and they told me that I should become a trainee, that i was very talented." i smiled, thinking back on that moment.

"you should!" he giggled, "why don't you?"

"well, there's no guarantee i'd ever make it. it's a lot of hard work and i don't think i want to waste my life on something so indecisive." i sighed once again.

"yeah, waste your life.."

shit. that was the only thing that popped in my head, shit shit shit. "chris i-i didn't mean that, you know what i meant."

"no no i know jae, it's okay. you almost home? cause i-i have to go soon.." he murmured.

i mentally cursed myself, "yeah go ahead i'll- talk to you tomorrow?" with the press of a button, the line was empty. i exhaled loudly, pressing my forehead against my car horn. what the fuck did i just do.