chapter thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEENdisclaimer : talks of assault

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
disclaimer : talks of assault

"Are you the parent or guardian of Natalie Walker?" Natalie heard the man at the door ask her brother.

"Ny parents aren't home." Bryce took the paper as the man shook his head before he walked away. Natalie walked in as her brother shut the door. "Natalie, they are calling you to testify at the Baker trial."

"Fuck." Natalie took the paper out of his hand and walked away from him quickly.

"Natalie, it's really killing me that you won't talk to me." Bryce shook his head as he followed her. "I love you. You're my baby sister."

"I gotta go. I have to talk to Zach." Natalie grabbed her backpack as she walked away quickly.

Justin texted Jessica all morning waiting for a response. He wanted to apologize. He never meant to hurt anybody. So he snuck into her room that morning so she would be forced to talk to him. She jumped quickly.

"Jesus. What the hell, Justin?" Jessica asked as she kept her distance away from him.

"I'm sorry. I needed to see you."Justin shook his head as he stood up.

"I'm gonna scream." Jessica said fighting back the urge to cry at the boy who broke her heart.

"I texted and I called." Justin took a deep breath.

"I'm gonna call the police." Jessica looked up at Justin.

"Jess, please. We were trying to protect you." Justin walked closer to her.

"Protect me?" Jessica shuts the door, making her way fully into the room. "Seriously?"

"I thought if you didn't know, if no one found out-." Justin starts, his face red from crying so much in the past day.

"What? That I'd be fine? That I'd go about my life?" Jessica asked, throwing her hands down by her side. "You'd stick around for a few more years until you left me for Natalie because she was clearly your first choice this whole time." Jessica rolled her eyes when he didn't respond. "You let him. You let him so you could makeout with Natalie?"

"No, we were drunk, okay? And I was scared." Justin took a deep breath.

"So was I!" Jessica responded in a stronger voice.