chapter twenty five

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVEyou'll never be satisfied

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
you'll never be satisfied

-

It was third grade when Natalie watched two boys fight on the playground. She buried herself next to her big brother, knowing he could fix every problem.

"Leave him alone!" Bryce yelled.

"He called me a swear word!" The other boy yelled as Natalie examines the boy on the ground. "He's wearing the same clothes as yesterday and he smells."

From the age of eight, Natalie Walker held herself with confidence and kindness, wanting to help anyone in her path. "You're a dick." The small girl shook her head at the boy above her.

Bryce tried helping the boy up but the boy didn't want the same thing. "I can take care of myself. You wanna go? Right now."

Bryce shook his head "Nah." The boy walked away from the group and they all went into lunch.

Natalie sat next to her brother as she looked at the boy sitting alone. All the kids whispered about him as she stood up and made her way over to him. "Where's your lunch?" She asked as she sat in front of him.

"Already ate it." The boy shrugged as a young Marcus Cole yelled from the other table.

"Out of the trash can!"

"Shut up, I did not."

"You want a sandwich?" Natalie offered out of her lunchbox. The boy shook his head but she persisted. "My older brother left me with the turkey one and I hate turkey."

Natalie shoved the sandwich to the boy as he dropped his head on the table. "Not hungry." He shook his head.

"Come on, take the sandwich. And I'll take half your twinkies." Natalie shrugged.

He looked at her with a confused glance. "I don't have any twinkies." Natalie stood up as she grabbed the twinkies off of Marcus's plate

"Those are mine!" Marcus yelled as Natalie rolled her eyes as she turned back to him.

"And now they are his." Natalie took a deep breath. Marcus sat back down and Natalie did as well, handing him the sandwich and the twinkies.

"I don't need you to stick up for me." The boy shook his head even though he took the food.

"I know. I just wanted a twinkie." Natalie smirked as she grabbed the other twinkie from the pack. "I'm Natalie by the way." She said as her brother sat next to her. "This is my big brother, Bryce."