16. I'll buy you the whole garden.

How are you? What's your zodiac? I am a Scorpio!

Chapter 16. I'll buy you the whole damn garden.

Alex shook his head. "It's a done deal. And why are you so against it?"

"Because-" I tried to think of an innocuous reason. And saying that I didn't want them married because I was jealous wasn't good enough. "Because just don't." I stupidly reasoned.

"That's not a real reason." He pointed out.

I sighed, leaning my head on the bean bag wondering what to say next. I don't think I thought twice before saying the next words, or maybe the wine was finally getting to my head but if I had given it a second thought I doubt I would have said the next words.

"Let's make a deal." I started. "You agree to not marry Diana and I agree to let you know who the hacker is."

They say jealousy makes you do the stupidest things, I couldn't agree more.

The date had taken a twisted turn and it was all thanks to my mouth that was not connected to my brain.

"You will let me what now?" Alex questioned for the second time. He wasn't moving, he wasn't blinking, I was afraid he wasn't even breathing.

I tried to smile. "I will let you take me to another date?" I tried meekly.

Alex blinked, shaking his head and standing up.

"Fuck!" I cursed under my breath, knowing that the romantic moonlight date had turned into a drama filled night.

"You know who the hacker is?" Alex looked at me with skepticism and a little of distress.

"Well." I started, getting up as well. "Not know know. Just a hunch, you know?"

Alex shook his head. "No I do not know. Who else knows this?"

I sighed, knowing it was time to come clean. "No one. Just I know it and I am not even sure about it."

"Who. Is. The. Hacker." With every word that Alex paused, I felt my heart drop and strange feeling of guilt engulf me.

"Ray Parker."

"Who the fuck is that now?"

"He is in my hacking classes. He uses that '4-4' signature that is how I think it might be him but I have tried to connect him to it, tried to get a proof but I have found nothing." I explained, knowing no explanation would be enough for this.

"Why didn't you come to me?" Alex asked, starting to pace from one end of the balcony to the other. "Really Myra, how could you hide such an important thing? What were you thinking? Were you even thinking?"

"Alex-"

"You know how important this is! You know how for the past 12 months all of us have been trying to catch this hacker. You know how much this is troubling me. And yet you decided to hide this fact?"

"Alex-"

"Out of all the people, I did not expect you. I would not have guessed that you would be the one to do such a horrible thing. Why did you do it Myra?"

"Alex!" I shouted, finally catching attention. I pointed at the fairy lights entangled around his neck still unsure how he could have not felt the lights hanging onto him as he paced fast. "You might want to get out of that."

Alex blinked only now realizing what I meant. He took out the lights messily and threw them aside. "Inside." He demanded and walked inside the room.