Chapter 1

Trigger Warning - Mentions of rape. Details of sexual abuse in the italic section. This can be skipped without missing the story.

Dimitri's POV

Blood oozed down my body. I didn't realise how much I had missed after my feeding frenzy.

"What a waste," I uttered, as I stood in the cool water of the shower. I had been out in the streets of Novosibirsk where I had found two young ladies as drunk as can be, making their way home after a night of care-free drinking. I followed them before making my move, dragging them into a dark, lonely alley and snatching their lives from them. They hadn't seen it coming.

After I showered, I made my way to Rose's room, knowing she'd be waiting for me eagerly. I was disappointed when I reached her – she was already asleep. I growled, angry at her for not waiting up for my return.

I made my way to the bed and sat myself down next to her unconscious form. Old me probably would had relished in the thought of being so close to her when she was at her most vulnerable. He would have thought she was beautiful and would have cuddled up next to her, protecting her as she slept. Pathetic.

I looked down at the woman sleeping next to me. She looked do fragile and unaware. I relished in that. I could do so many things to her and she wouldn't be able to stop me. She deserved it. She wouldn't join me, she wouldn't turn. Pathetic.

I shifted my body next to her, allowing me better access for what I was about to do. My hands began exploring her body as she slept, moving gradually towards the one place I had avoided so far. If only she had seen how useful she could be to me. Now it was too late. I had waited so long and my primal desires were becoming too much. If she wouldn't give it to me willingly, I would have to take it from her. My hands reached the lace covering her modesty and my fingers curled around the band eagerly.

Enough. I couldn't take it any longer. I ripped her underwear off and spread her legs apart with such a fury it was enough to wake her up. I used all of my bodyweight to trap her as I exposed myself. She looked up at me from the bed with such an intense look of fear in her eyes. It turned me on more. My dick twitched in anticipation, spurred on by the panic she was emitting.

"Dimitri, please, what are you doing?" she tried everything she could to get out of the grasp I had on her. "HELP!" she screamed. I slapped her hard across her face to shut her up.

"I've had enough Rose. I'm finishing this." I growled deeply as I approached her entrance.

My eyes snapped open. My forehead was drenched in sweat, causing my dark hair to stick to it like glue. I was out of breath and panting. What had just happened? I furrowed my eyebrows. I hadn't meant to fall asleep so early.

I had another dream.

"What happened in the dream didn't really happen." I told myself. But it so easily could have...

I sat up and took in my surroundings. I was on our sofa in the middle of our living room, an area I had become accustomed to in the last couple of nights. I looked around the room, the sun had already begun to rise and the light shone through the windows. It was still early; the vampiric night hadn't fully begun. I reached across and grabbed my watch from the coffee table - 8:15 am. Rose would be back from her shift soon.

I sighed and got up from the sofa. My throat was dry from my unexpected sleep and I needed some water to quench my thirst. I headed towards the kitchen and grabbed a drink before returning to the sofa. I sat and tried to think of anything besides my dream, but it was proving difficult.