Chapter 31

Third Person POV

"Make love to me..." Rose whispered, her voice breathy and full of want.

That was all it took for him to make his decision.

With her arms circled around his neck, he wrapped his own around her waist, pulling them both into a standing position in front of the sofa. He bent forward slightly, his hands wandering south until they rested behind her legs. He effortlessly lifted her up and her legs instinctively wrapped tightly around his waist.

Dimitri walked them to the bedroom, their eyes never losing contact, the intense look of longing and love never breaking. Both their hearts were beating hard in their chests and Rose was sure that, in the silence, she could hear the heavy rhythm of them beating as one.

When they reached the bed, he lay her down gently before following her, quickly rolling beside her so as to not overwhelm her. He wanted to give Rose what she wanted, he wanted to show her how much he loved her, but he was desperate not to trigger any painful memories. He wanted her to feel safe. Comfortable.

Lying side by side, Dimitri draped his arm over her waist, pulling her closer as their lips met hungrily. Rose moaned softly – she missed his taste, a taste she could only describe as 'Dimitri'. It was familiar, warm... she felt right. She felt safe. Their lips danced together, as if rehearsing a well-known routine; yet despite the familiarity, Rose couldn't help but notice the spark of excitement swelling inside of her. Dimitri made her feel as though butterflies were swarming in her belly. She thought she would be nervous and scared, lying in bed with Dimitri and their hands exploring each other's bodies, but... she wasn't. This was natural for them. Any feelings of fear had vanished completely.

Emerging for air, they pulled apart, their eyes locking once more. Dimitri's gaze was full of concern as he reached out to stroke Rose's cheek with the pad of his thumb.

"If you want me to stop, tell me and I will, okay?" He said softly. "As soon as you feel any sort of concern or distress we can stop."

Rose felt her heart swell at his words. Even in amongst his arousal, he cared for her deeply and wanted to make sure she was comfortable. Dimitri would always put her feelings first. With a reassuring smile, Rose nodded her agreement.

"I need you to tell me that you understand."

"I understand. I'll tell you," she assured him, before reaching out and pulling him to her again, their lips colliding with a bolt of electricity.

Their hands roamed eagerly, seeking out every inch of skin they could find, desperate for contact. It was almost as though it was their first time, as though they had never experienced each other before and were desperate to find what the other holds. Their legs intertwined and hips attached, Rose could feel Dimitri's longing rubbing against her and she felt a heat build between her legs.

She pulled away with a moan, catching her breath. Dimitri wasted no time in attaching his lips to her jaw, trailing soft kisses along her skin until he felt her breath hitch and body stiffen as his kisses went lower and lower. Sensing her discomfort, he immediately pulled away.

"Not the neck..." she whispered, lowering her gaze.

Dimitri reached out and cradled her chin in his hand gently before pecking her lips softly.

"Not the neck," he stated, reassuring her.

Resuming their kisses, Dimitri's hand travelled her body, eventually finding home on her breasts. Rose gasped against his lips as his thumb brushed across her hardened nipple through her top and she grasped a fistful of his shirt in her hand.