Chapter 36

"Don't touch her," Dimitri growled furiously.

Nathan ignored him, pulling on Rose's hair in order to tilt her head back and expose her neck to his hungry mouth, causing a muffled, frightened yelp to spill over her lips.

"I said – don't. Fucking. Touch. Her."

Nathan couldn't help the sinister laugh that escaped his lips.

"When are you going to learn that she's mine to do as I please with?" he questioned, throwing an exasperated look across the room to the livid man. "Now, let's have some fun shall we?"

***

Casting one final wink to Dimitri, Nathan returned his attention to Rose. With an eager lick of his lips, he exposed his fangs to her, leaning down to pierce her skin. What he hadn't been expecting, however, was Rose to thrash her head forward, knocking into him with a harsh thud as she head-butted him.

Dimitri felt a wave of pride rush over him as he watched his love's attempt to defend herself, but this was quickly replaced with a mixture of terror and anger as Nathan's fist collided violently with her jaw and a yelp fell from beneath her gag.

His hand tangled its way into her hair again forcefully, ensuring she looked up at him as he snarled down at her.

"Come on now, Gorgeous - we want to give our guest a good show, don't we?" he taunted, his grip in her hair tightening. "Although I'm not sure you deserve the bite after all, not after your behaviour today. Only good girls get bitten. It's too bad really, remember just how good it felt before – the combination of our bodies moving as one, the thrill of the bite..."

Nathan's free hand began trailing her body, his fingers stroking the exposed skin of her neck and along her defined collarbone.

"You loved it," he added with a smirk, before continuing his ministrations on her body.

Rose began to shake in distress, knowing exactly what Nathan had planned for her – after all, she had seen that same look in his eye day in day out when he had her captured before. It was a look she wouldn't be forgetting any time soon. Permanently etched into her memory, it had haunted her dreams for nights on end.

His hand eagerly travelled southward, along the curvature of her chest, snaking down her waist, before disappearing beneath the waistband of her jeans. When he settled at her most intimate area, a pleasured groan escaped his lips, while Rose's fear increased tenfold. With a whimper, she tried to wriggle out of his hold on her, but the restrictions on her arms held her tightly in place. Unable to defend herself from what she knew was to come, choked sobs emitted from her throat as tears fell across her cheeks, causing Dimitri's heart to break in two as he was subjected to her torment.

At that moment, all he saw was red.

With an unprecedented rage and a mighty roar, Dimitri's hands clutched angrily at the arm rests attached beneath his arms. Watching his Roza helpless, distraught, being subjected to this vile behaviour, Dimitri showed a level of fury never seen before. With a satisfying crack, the wood beneath his right arm snapped, effectively freeing his restricted hold.

Before Nathan could react, Dimitri tore his other arm free from its bounds, surprising even himself at his strength. Wasting no precious time, he hurled himself across the room, crashing into Nathan with all his might and tackling him to the ground. In the fray, Rose's chair toppled over and she fell to the ground, her head hitting the concrete floor with a loud crack. Still conscious, she cried out – she could instantly feel blood trickling down her neck from the impact.