Chapter 20

Dimitri's POV

Blood oozed down my body. I didn't realise how much I had missed after my feeding frenzy.

"What a waste," I uttered, as I stood in the cool water of the shower. I had been out in the streets of Harrisburg where I had found two young ladies as drunk as can be, making their way home after a night of care-free drinking.

Wait - Harrisburg?

I followed them before making my move, dragging them into a dark, lonely alley and snatching their lives from them. They hadn't seen it coming.

After showering, I made my way to the room where Rose was waiting for me. As always, when I walked in, she had pushed herself as far back into the wall as she could, not wanting to be anywhere near me.

I chuckled. "What are you doing over there, Rose? Come and greet me like a good girl," I commanded.

I could feel my confusion even as I slept. That wasn't my voice. My nightmare wasn't playing out as it always did...

I made my way over to her, biting back the growl that formed in my throat as she tried to back away further. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders, pulling her tightly into my embrace. "I missed you," I told her affectionately.

She didn't respond. Taking a step back from her, my angry eyes pierced her own frightened gaze and without hesitation, my strong palm flew across her face causing her to whimper in pain.

My Roza...

"I said - I missed you," I reaffirmed. "Did you miss me?" I moved an inch closer, now towering over her. She refused to look at me and I could feel my anger growing stronger each minute. Grabbing her by the chin, I forced her head upwards and crushed my lips to hers, exploring her mouth with my own. She tried pushing me away, pounding her fists on my chest, but my harsh grip forced her to stay put.

As my mouth intertwined with hers, I unexpectedly felt a sharp pain in my lower lip, causing me to pull away swiftly. Bitch bit me! Oh man was she going to pay for that...

In my confusion, Rose had taken the opportunity to hastily run towards the door, trying (and failing in her panic) to open it and escape my clutches. I was faster though, stronger, and I had her pinned against the door in seconds.

"Rose..."

"Please, Nathan. Please just let me go," she begged, although her voice lacked emotion. She was numb, broken. Good.

...Nathan?

"Not going to happen, Rose. You're mine now and I've shown you that time and time again! Or do I need to remind you that you don't belong to Belikov anymore?" I threatened, snaking a hand around her waist and under the soft silk of the babydoll she was wearing, grazing the inside of her thigh eagerly.

"No! I'm sorry, just don't hurt me again!" She cried, struggling beneath my body weight.

"Hurt you?" I chuckled. "No my dear, I'm going to make you feel wonderful," I assured her, before impatiently bringing my mouth down to her neck, piercing the skin with my pointed fangs.

***

Sweat trickled down my brow as I sat up panting in bed. What the hell was that? The first time in days that I had been able to fall asleep for longer than ten minutes and I was treated to one of my fabled nightmares, reminding me of all the disgusting, twisted things I put Roza through when I held her captive. I hadn't dreamt of those awful events in months and now with Rose missing, my spiralling mind was obviously bringing up the deep rooted memories I had tried so hard to push to the back of my head.