Chapter 17

TRIGGER WARNING - Sexual abuse and rape towards the end of this chapter. (Very Brief, like 5 lines). Don't read on if you're not comfortable reading it.

***

Rose's POV

Fuck.

My entire body ached. Every single one of my muscles seemed to be screaming at me and my throat felt like it was being strangled, but without a doubt my head felt the worst. It was pounding and throbbing, giving me one of the worst headaches I'd ever had in my life.

Stirring from unconsciousness, I struggled to open my eyes and observe my surroundings. It was as though my mind had woken before my body, and I didn't have a clue where I was. Straining my ears, I tried to listen for clues in the environment that gave away where I was. Unfortunately, I heard nothing. Silence. Where was I?

I could barely remember what had happened.

I remembered fighting. There were waves of red eyes coming at me, my stake shooting out and destroying them one by one.

What had gone wrong?

Fuck.

I remembered him. I hadn't seen him for the majority of the battle, presuming he was in another section of the cave, until suddenly he was there, leering down at me, and...

I hesitated.

Again.

Fuck.

***

Finally regaining my control over my body, I tried once more to open my eyes. Once I did, I saw that I was alone and I breathed a sigh of relief at the revelation Nathan wasn't here with me. I was slumped alone on the floor, my back against the cold wall in a corner of a small room.

The room itself seemed pretty ordinary despite the lack of colour – everything was grey. Dark and grey. There were no windows, but my Dhampir eyes made up for the lack of light and I could still see my surroundings clearly. Not that there was much to see, however. A small wooden cabinet in one corner and a double bed in the centre. That's all there was.

Attempting to get up from where I was sat on the floor, I tried to lean forward, confused when my movement was restricted. Chains bound me by the neck, keeping me attached to the wall behind me. The strangling sensation I had been feeling made sense. I tried to reach my hands up in an attempt to remove the chains, until I noticed that my hands were tied together as well. For fuck sake! My movement was limited, and I knew that there was no chance of escaping even if I tried.

My heart was pounding in my chest. Why the fuck was I here? What did I do wrong? I should have listened to Dimitri and stayed behind at court and then I wouldn't be in this mess. Or I just shouldn't have been so fucking pathetic and not allow myself to hesitate when I realised Nathan was there right in front of me.

The words of Nathan's letters began swirling around inside my head, and I could feel my anxiety and fear creeping up on me. Nathan had finally taken me, just like he said he would. He hadn't exactly minced his words when detailing what he wanted with me, and now I was here. I had no doubt that he would at least attempt to fulfil his wishes while I was held captive.

Dimitri must be frantic, I thought. I knew that he would have gone crazy when he realised I was missing, and I knew he would be blaming himself also. He had tried so hard to protect me, and to him, this was failure. I was gone. I should have just listened to him...

Lost in my thoughts, my head snapped up as I heard the lock disengage in the door, and a familiar face crept into the room.

"Well hello, Gorgeous!"