Chapter 35

When Dimitri came to, his instincts had him immediately scanning the area for threats, only for his concerned eyes to instantly land on Rose's bloodshot and terror-filled ones. His heart immediately broke at the sight of her fear, but when he noticed the deep, purple contusion on her cheek, and her split, swollen lip, he felt his blood boil.

Tied to a chair, gagged and bruised, Rose wanted nothing more than to feel the comfort of Dimitri's warm embrace – she needed him. She needed him to tell her that it was all going to be okay, that they would get out of this. She had desperately tried to save herself and get out of this mess, but she felt that she had just made their situation a whole lot worse; Nathan was angry, and they were going to pay for that.

Dimitri racked his brain for any way to help his girlfriend, but his movements too, were restricted. Like Rose, his arms were tied to the wooden arms of the chair and a scrap piece of material was wrapped tightly around his head, caught between his jaws in an effort to gag him.

He couldn't do anything if he tried.

He tried as hard as he could to send a wave of comfort and warmth across the room to Rose, conveying in his eyes how deeply sorry he was – this was his fault, and now Rose was hurt. He hadn't known how long he was unconscious for, but he prayed to God that Nathan hadn't taken his chance to hurt her now that she was back in his clutches – Dimitri wasn't sure he'd be able to handle that again, not without completely breaking down.

Seemingly knowing what his look of worry was portraying, Rose shook her head as if to answer his silent question – they didn't need words to communicate, they never had, and this time was no different. It was as though they were able to have entire conversations in such a short moment of eye contact; their hearts beat as one, their souls connected and minds always on the same page. The tightness in Dimitri's chest released slightly in relief, but he knew there was still danger to come, and they needed to get out of there.

As if on cue, the two lovers heard footsteps approaching the door. Rose's clenched hands began shaking and a single, fearful tear escaped down her cheek, while Dimitri's anger simply grew tenfold. This rage only increased further when Nathan pushed open the door with a devilish smirk on his face, waltzing into the room and making his was straight to where Rose sat, helpless.

"Hello again my love," he purred, reaching out and gently stroking his thumb over the bruise he left on her cheek not long ago. "Are you going to behave for me now?"

Rose tried to recoil away from his touch, and a deep growl escaped Dimitri's throat from across the rooms as he desperately tried to break his arms free. Nathan looked up from Rose and towards the perpetrator of the interruption, as if only now remembering he was there.

The urge to torment him was great, and Nathan's grin grew wider. With a wink to Dimitri, he gripped Rose's chin firmly in his hands, turning her head to the side, and slowly licked a trail from her collarbone to just below her ear. Rose whimpered at the vile contact, while Dimitri's fury had him seething and shaking in anger.

He couldn't help the ferocious growl that echoed across the room, and Nathan simply rolled his eyes in annoyance. Releasing his grip from Rose's face, he sauntered towards Dimitri with snarled teeth and furrowed brows.

"Do you have a problem, Dimitri?" he questioned harshly, pulling the gag from between his teeth. "Do you have a problem with me touching my property?"

Dimitri's eyes narrowed, glaring up at Nathan who was mere inches from his face. He refused to answer him, but Nathan didn't seem to mind and only continued his threats.

"I sure hope you don't think that you still have a claim on her. Not when she doesn't belong to you."

Dimitri snapped.

"She's not property, she –"

An unexpected blow to the jaw had him stopping mid-sentence, wincing in pain.

"Interrupt me again and you'll fucking regret it," he snarled, before standing up straight and pacing the room dramatically, stopping occasionally to fix Dimitri with a teasing glare. "Those weeks when she was with me were the greatest of my long, long life. Did she tell you how good I fucked her? How I had her screaming over and over again, begging me for more. No? Shame. I'll have to tell you myself –"

Rose whimpered suddenly, her terror getting the better of her and not wanting to hear what would undoubtedly be a vile recount of her torment.

"Quiet, pet," Nathan hushed, looking towards her with a look of irritation. "I'll deal with you in a minute," he added, before addressing Dimitri once more. "Oh yes, her insides felt so good wrapped around my cock – so tight, so warm. And when she let me feed from her as I pounded into her... pure bliss."

Dimitri's eyes were now black with rage, and he desperately tried to free himself again – he wanted to - needed to - rip the fucker's head clean off his shoulders for what he did to his Roza. A frustrated snarl escaping his lips as his attempt to escape proved no use.

"What? Does that make you angry? Angry to know how good I made her feel – every. Single. Fucking. Day. More than once a day sometimes – she just needed me so badly."

Nathan chortled at Dimitri's look of pure hatred, before turning his attention back to the helpless woman in front of him. Taunting Dimitri was almost as satisfying as the terror he inflicted on his woman – almost, but not quite.

Walking back to stand in front of Rose, ensuring to stand at an angle so that Dimitri could see exactly what he did, he reached out and affectionately smoothed back her soft hair.

"Don't touch her," Dimitri growled furiously.

Nathan ignored him, pulling on Rose's hair in order to tilt her head back and expose her neck to his hungry mouth, causing a muffled, frightened yelp to spill over her lips.

"I said – don't. Fucking. Touch. Her."

Nathan couldn't help the sinister laugh that escaped his lips.

"When are you going to learn that she's mine to do as I please with?" he questioned, throwing an exasperated look across the room to the livid man. "Now, let's have some fun shall we?"