Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Because of Macbeth

After Tony had shown her to the bedroom where she would sleep for the next few days, she lied on the bed and stared at the ceiling

Tony said he would like to keep her at the tower and assist her in understanding her powers; and while she was grateful he was willing to help, she didn't want to be experimented on or studied. In fact, she just wanted to go back to her apartment where she could act as if none of this had even happened.

Tony had told her that she had unlimited access to almost every floor, and especially the kitchen if she was ever hungry; and that if she had any questions, she should not be afraid to ask JARVIS or Tony, if he was around.

Adaline was slightly taken aback at the hospitality; considering when they last met, he had been quite rude and aloof; but decided to believe it was probably just because he had to deal with reporters almost daily.

When she finally decided to get up, she left her room, and got in the elevator to go to the main floor where most of the Avengers were sitting and chatting.

As she walked in the room, Adaline could feel the many stares on her. She stood confidently but Tony could tell she was hesitant to say anything.

"Everyone, this is Adaline, or as I like to call her, Ada," Tony introduced, as a blush spread across her face from the awkwardness.

Steve Rogers was the first to walk up and introduce himself. Adaline of course already knew who each of them were from her research, but contemplated saying anything in case they thought anything was off about her.

The next to introduce themselves were Clint Barton and Natasha Romanoff.

Seeing as she had already met Bruce, he didn't feel the need to say anything; and as Loki sat in a chair off to the side of the room, quietly reading a book, she looked over at him curiously. It seemed as if he had no care in the world to even try and lessen his sentence by interacting with the humans. He just sat in the corner, ignoring everything around him.

After chatting for a few minutes, Tony explained that Steve had volunteered to go with her to gather a few things from her apartment, which she was grateful for. He also mentioned that it would probably be a good idea for her to familiarize herself in hand-to-hand combat; which Natasha had planned to teach her in the training room every morning.

Adaline agreed, thinking she would only be there for a few days, and that all of this was temporary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Adaline and Steve arrived at her apartment, she unlocked the door to find everything exactly as she left it.

Glad to be back home, even if it was only for a few minutes, she took a deep breath in, relaxing as she began to pack a few things into a bag. She made sure to grab the necessities, some comfy t-shirts and shorts, a few outfits, her book, and especially her laptop.