Chapter 14

Chapter 14: The Warriors Three and Sif too

When Adaline awoke the next day to the sun on her face and a knock at the door, she got up to open it and was shocked to find a little old lady there with a piece of bread and some meats on a gold serving tray

"Here is your breakfast, miss," she spoke sweetly. "If you need anything at all, just ask me."

"Okay," Adaline replied confused as why she had a helper. "Thank you," she finished smiling at the lady. The lady returned the gesture with a giant beam on her face, as if she had never been thanked for her chores.

"Of course, Lady Adaline."

Adaline stopped her in her tracks as she turned to leave. "Although, if you don't mind, could you help me find an outfit to wear? I am not familiar with the fashion here and would really appreciate the help."

The lady turned back around and nodded to Adaline before making her way toward the closet.

As she watched the lady rummage through the various dresses she asked, "May I ask what's your name?"

"I'm Mildred, Lady Adaline," she said before returning to her search.

"Okay, thank you, and Mildred, you can just call me Adaline."

"Of course."

She continued to sift through all the gorgeous gowns that varied in many different colors before choosing a deep blue-green colored gown. the gown was long and draped all the way to the floor, Its long transparent sleeves had cuts that allowed them to hang off of her arms from the elbow.

"This one will look great on you," she praised. "Complements your eyes."

She then handed Adaline the dress and left the room after hearing Adaline say 'thank you'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once dressed, Adaline made her way toward where Frigga had said she would meet her.

Sitting in the garden on a stone bench, Adaline waited, beginning to get confused if she was in the right place or not. She had gotten the time right.

She then saw Frigga waking toward her from across the garden, and let out a relieved sigh. She now stood right in front of Adaline and held out her hand for her to take.

When she did, taking Frigga's gesture to help her stand from where she sat, she was quickly pushed back down when her hand fazed right through Frigga's and her projection dissipated.

Frigga then walked out from where she hid, watching the exchange, with a smile on her face.

"How," Adaline stuttered looking between where Frigga's hologram once stood and where the real Frigga now stood. "How did you do that?"