Chapter 21

Chapter 21: Heart of Glass, My Mind of Stone

As the ruby red pieces of the Aether began to float in the air, the four of them watched as the shards quickly made their way over to Malekith

As the ruby red pieces of the Aether began to float in the air, the four of them watched as the shards quickly made their way over to Malekith. Transforming back into it's liquid-like substance, it began to possess the Dark Elf, taking his body hostage painfully before standing perfectly still with his head tilted down toward the ground.

He then lifted his head, ominous golden and black speckled eyes looking toward where Thor stood, before jerking his head to the side to look at the Kursed and both of them making their way back to the ship, sending their minions after Thor.

Thor, wielding Mjolnir, began to take multiple Elves out at once, slowly making his way toward Malekith.

The Kursed noticed Thor's advances and threw an intergalactic explosive over to where Loki stood, in an effort to distract the god whose brother still guarded the two girls.

Detecting this, Loki's eyes widened before quickly pushing Adaline away, letting her fall into Jane and protecting them both from the blast. 

But Loki had not been so lucky, as he was soon getting sucked into a portal and was to be cast out into the black expanse of space.

"Loki!" Adaline shouted fearfully, reaching out to him as he was lifted from the ground.

Loki worriedly gazed at Adaline, thinking this was the last time he would ever see her again as he too held out his arm toward her in a desperate but futile attempt to grasp her hand.

Right before he reached the portal, Thor quickly flew in, saving Loki from vanishing into the deep dark abyss. Once grounded, Adaline quickly ran over to him, getting on her knees to make sure he was alright. Loki nodded, assuring her he was fine, before helping each other stand back up.

Thor briskly took flight once again, heading straight for Malekith where he was by his aircraft, but before he could reach him, the Kursed pushed him back, throwing him onto the ground.

Thor grunted as he fell into the dust, before swiftly getting back to his feet and battling the monster. 

As Malekith got away, his minions began to swarm around Adaline, Jane and Loki. 

"Jane, get back," Adaline warned, making sure she was out of harm's way before taking on the Dark Elves.

Adaline advanced on the first elf in front of her, holding her hands extended out to the side of her, with both hands holding the fire, hair glowing a bright orange at the ends, and a brilliant golden orange hue of flames around her irises. Adaline fought the first elf using her abilities and her sorcery skills to wound them and burn them.

Loki unleashed his daggers, slashing at the elves as he went. For just a moment, he was able to look toward where Adaline was, skillfully fighting the elves off with both magic, fire, and hand-to-hand combat simultaneously.