Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Just to See You Smile

When Adaline left the throne room, Thor told her he had some business to attend to in Vanaheim and quickly said goodbye before leaving her in the company of Frigga

After walking in what Adaline considered to be an awkward silence for a few minutes, but Frigga had just walked on with a small confident smile on her face before looking at Adaline.

"You get along well with my son, I presume?" Frigga said softly, while studying Adaline.

"Yes, Thor and I are good friends," Adaline replied, believing that was who Frigga was speaking so fondly of. Frigga stopped walking and turned to face Adaline with adoration in her eyes.

"I was talking about Loki."

"Oh," Adaline was confused. How had Frigga known anything about her relationship with Loki, she hadn't seen them interact once since their arrival on Asgard.

"I can sense your confusion my dear," Frigga spoke wisely, grabbing hold of Adaline's hand. "I was raised by witches and am skilled in magic and sorcery. Do not be alarmed, I just can sense that you and my son, Loki, are close."

Adaline simply nodded as her thoughts began to swarm in her head. "I'm not alarmed in any way, Mrs..?"

"Just call me Frigga, dear."

"Alright, but Loki and I are just friends," Adaline spoke nervously.

Frigga began to beam from ear to ear and gave a small lighthearted laugh at Adaline's words. It was as if Frigga knew something she didn't.

Adaline grew even more bewildered as Frigga began to walk away.

Deciding to change the subject since it frankly didn't make any sense to Adaline, she spoke. "So does that mean that you taught Loki magic?" Adaline said quietly, voicing her thoughts.

"Yes," Frigga stated before glancing toward Adaline. "I had hoped that by sharing my gifts, Loki would be able to feel deserving too. He wasn't strong in build like Thor was and felt as if he lived in the shadows because he was different. But Loki was smart and agile, so I taught him the art of magic so he would be able to stand next to Thor and not feel inferior; so he could feel some of the sun too, just as Thor had." Frigga now had a far away look in her eyes as if remembering something from long ago. "Loki may not be my blood, but there is no doubt in my mind that he is my son."

Adaline smiled at the fact that while Odin had cast Loki out, Frigga still loved him and welcomed him with open arms before another thought then came to her.

"Would you be able to teach me?" Adaline inquired with a downcast gaze.

Frigga took her hands once more. "Of course, my dear," she beamed, giving Adaline a sweet smile. "But first, let's get you situated. We can discuss that at a later time."