Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Strengths and Weaknesses

Once Thor arrived at the Bifrost, Heimdall began to speak

Once Thor arrived at the Bifrost, Heimdall began to speak. "You're late."

"Merriment can sometimes be a heavier burden than battle," Thor replied, making his way to the front of the room to look at the expanse of stars that glimmered in the night sky.

"Then you are doing one of them incorrectly."

Thor chuckled. "Perhaps," he said, then changing the conversation. "How fare the stars?"

Heimdall just stared straight ahead into the depths of space, before mentioning that he could see they were still shining, along with the ten trillion souls and all of the nine realms that he gazed at throughout the day. He then pushed the sword back into its place letting the walls of the room spin. "Do you recall what I taught you of the convergence?"

"Yes," Thor replied, continuing to walk forward. "The alignment of the worlds. It approaches, doesn't it?"

Heimdall nodded, continuing to explain that the universe had yet to see the marvel that is the convergence since before his watch had begun, and that few people knew of it and even fewer people will ever see it. "But while its effects can be dangerous, it is truly beautiful," he finished gazing out into the stars.

Thor looked out, confused at how it could be so beautiful. "I see nothing."

"Or, perhaps, that is not the beauty you seek," Heimdall said, finally turning to look at Thor as they both began to let out a small chuckle.

Thor's face then turned worrisome as he thought about who he had left behind on Earth. "How is she?"

Heimdall explained that Thor's mortal was quite clever and had already begun studying the convergence, not that she knew what it was, before turning back to the stars and turning stone still and pausing in his words.

Thor watched Heimdall intensely, noticing he had stopped. "What?" he asked, worried for Jane.

Heimdall then walked forward, still gazing out into the dark abyss that was space. "I can't see her."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Late that night, after returning to her room, Adaline began to create the illusion of herself once again.

Still noticing the fire that burned brightly in her eyes and her golden hair that now glowed a brilliant amber color, she tried to morph it to look like her normal self. She didn't want to appear to Loki and have him question why she looked so much different. She would save that conversation for a later date.