Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Follow the Rainbow Bridge Road

August 19th, 2012

Adaline woke up to the sound of her alarm going off at eight in the morning. She slowly dragged herself out of bed, got dressed, and began to pack her stuff into bags and put them on the bed.

Today was the day Loki would return to Asgard with Adaline as his 'bodyguard' and as SHIELD's ambassador.

On the inside, Adaline was ecstatic to be able to go, and visiting another planet was a life changing experience; however, on the outside, Adaline retained her cool composure and acted like a professional. She had to prove she was the correct agent for the job and not act like it was an adventure.

As Adaline made her way to the kitchen, she made a cup of tea for herself before grabbing a second mug for a certain someone and heading back to where she came from.

Stopping at Loki's door, she softly tapped on the door with her knuckles before hearing mumbling from the other side of the door.

She opened it to find that he was sleeping on his side in a slight fetal position with his hands close to his face, with his back facing away from her. Walking to the other side of the bed, Adaline placed both cups onto the bedside table before sitting softly beside him and shaking his shoulder.

He slowly opened his eyes from where they hid behind his hands. His jet black hair was all spread out on the pillow behind him and his grey shirt had been ruffled showing that he had turned in the night. He groaned as he sat up and wiped the sleep from his eyes.

"How'd you sleep?" she asked, handing him the mug before grabbing her own.

"Okay," he replied, looking down at his mug. "No nightmares so that was good. I just couldn't seem to fall asleep."

"I'm sorry about that, but not having any nightmares is great."

Loki nodded with a straight face, not showing much emotion as he took a sip of his tea.

"Since we are leaving today do you need to pack anything?" Adaline asked, standing up from her spot on the bed.

He replied saying he hadn't brought anything to Earth when he arrived. "But i would like to bring one of your books, if that's alright."

She smiled and grabbed the few books that were placed haphazardly about the room before putting them in a stack about the bed.

"I'm going to go put these in my bag while you get ready, okay?"

He nodded, still waking up as he finished his tea and got up to go to the bathroom.