Chapter 11

Chapter 11: A Heart Beneath all that Black Leather

August 12th, 2012

Adaline awoke with Loki snuggled into her shoulder with one arm wrapped softly around her torso.

After many nights that Loki had woken up from his torturous nightmares, Adaline decided it would be best if she just stayed with him every night since then. It seemed like the only way to keep the terrors at bay, so Adaline continued to do it.

Today was the day Adaline would attend Loki's SHIELD meeting. To say she was nervous had to have been the understatement of the year.

Once Adaline had slowly slid out of Loki's grasp, she headed back to her so she could change into some formal attire for today's meeting.

When she returned wearing a navy pencil skirt with a white blouse tucked into the front, she saw that Loki was still fast asleep where she had left him. Seeing that the meeting was in a little over an hour, she woke him up.

"Loki," she said softly, shaking his shoulder as he lay on his side. He lightly muttered in his sleep before she tried again. "Loki, you have to get up."

"But, I don't want to."

"Well, too bad. You have a meeting with SHIELD where Fury and the rest of the council will determine if you are allowed to return to Asgard or not."

He grumbled, before sitting up and looking up into her brilliant green eyes. "What are the consequences of us skipping and sleeping in instead," He said, lightly chucking.

She gave a smile, slightly laughing with him. "Not good, so get up."

"Ugh, okay," he grunted, before getting up and heading to the closet to grab a suit with a green tie that matched his eyes, and heading to the bathroom.

When he walked out, looking handsome as always, they made their way to the main floor where the other avengers, who would be in attendance, sat, ready to get the meeting over-with.

Once they had arrived at SHIELD headquarters, they walked into a very large conference room. When they had all sat down, Adaline noticed Nick Fury talking to a few council members off to the side. She waved once he had noticed her, to which he gave a slight nod back.

The council all began to sit down, stating that the meeting would soon start.

Nick Fury stood before welcoming everyone and saying that this would be the last meeting to determine if Loki would return to Asgard.