Dreams

Eliza drags herself to the dining table where Pascal is already seated, having the breakfast he prepared himself.The couple were college lovers who had met 12 years ago,a filthy rich couple you can say;they could afford literally anything.They lived in a spacious penthouse, Pascal was reluctant to by it but after much talks with Eliza he bought it for her sake.All she could talk about was the great view of Columbus she could get from there.With the absence of kids, they focused on themselves; Pascal with his career and Eliza with her social gatherings they seemed perfect but they knew they weren't,their idolized marriage was at it's breaking point.

Pascal gives Eliza a quick kiss on her lips .
"Did you sleep well?"
"Not really, the NIGHTMARE ruined everything."
"Your still on that?"he shook his head"It's no joke Pascal,dreams can actually come true.. would you ever leave me for your secretary?"

Pascal was taken aback"This isn't a joke."she looked rather serious"hell no."he answered "how can you even think of that? everything is fine between us, I'll never do that with you."

"We can't lie to ourselves, nothing is fine between us."
'So you've noticed,how come it took you so long? You realize that just because you dreamt that I had an affair with my secretary and left you for her ...This is ridiculous.'he thought

"It's just a dream Liza."he sighed"but dreams do come true."she said in a casual tone.
"What do you think is wrong with us?"he queried"I don't know kids, lack of communication...sex."she shrugged
"We'll have kids when we're meant to, your always busy with your social gatherings that's why we have communication issues and sex really sex?!..we have sex as often as we can."

"We don't have good sex."
"What do you mean by good sex?"
"I'm confused right now..."Pascal cuts her off"The good part is that we have sex okay.I have a meeting soon we'll talk about this when I get back."he picks his coat and heads to the door.
"You said well talk things out."
"Unfortunately, I have a meeting to be at, we'll talk later.You know how to entertain yourself, you have a credit card, don't you?"
"Have a nice day."he walks out the door and Eliza almost screams ,she notices that it's 7:45am.So early! she doesn't even realize that he leaves for work earlier than that everyday but was delayed because of her 'nightmare'.

Eliza was stressed out but she put herself in order so that she could go out for breakfast with her best friend, Caitlin Meyer.Eliza had been extremely fond of jumpsuits and rompers,she wore jumpsuits outdoors and rompers mostly indoors, she had all sorts of brands from MSK and NY collections to R&M Richards.They suited her personality but now she was getting late for breakfast.
Caitlin must be sick of waiting by now!

Eliza wore her white one shoulder jumpsuit  and held on to her purse which matched her outfit.She strode to the parking lot and studied the atmosphere,it was quiet as usual, everyone minded their business.A corner of the parking lot was reserved for the Miles, Pascal's Range Rover Evoque had left some minutes back,all that was left was her Jaguar F-Type SVR,she sighed and hopped into it before speeding off.In a few minutes she was in a breakfast lounge looking for Caitlin,she found her almost immediately and approached her.

"Sorry I'm late."she sat down opposite Caitlin and went through the menu.
Caitlin was a year younger than Eliza,they had been best friends right from high school and stuck with each other since then.Unlike Eliza's marriage, Caitlin and her husband of 8 years, Franklin had a daughter of 5 years,Olivia.Franklin and Caitlin were happily married with no problems unlike Eliza and Pascals'.Eliza had made Caitlin part of her women's social group some years back,it involved alot of time and Caitlin wasn't really into it.

"It's okay,what took you so long anyways?"
"Pascal..."
"Really?"Caitlin gushed,she was aware of the state of her best friend's marriage.

"It's not what you think."Eliza shot back and shook her head all worried.
"Fine, what's it?"Caitlin was no longer interested'peraphs they fought again.'she placed her order after Eliza,who then recounted her'nightmare.'
"Jeez,that's... crazy."Caitlin's reaction was much expected by Eliza "you think I'm crazy don't you?"
"No."The waiter served Eliza with pancakes and maple syrup while Caitlin had her croissants.

"Why can't I just be happy like you and Franklin,this has been going on for years now, it's like at any time we might just get divorced."
"Don't talk like that, you look miserable just by saying that, you love Pascal don't you?"

"Yes, of course I do."
"Just like 12 years ago?"Caitlin's eyes scanned Eliza's to see if she was telling the truth."yes just like 12 years ago,my love for him hasn't changed."She was telling the truth.

"Your love might not have changed but the both of you have, especially you."
"I don't think so Cait."
"You don't believe me right?...do you have your phone here?"

"No."
"Why?"
"Pascal won't bother calling me while at work and there's no important call coming in today atleast."

Oh!I get it now

"Did you hear yourself Eliza?... you don't even bother to call Pascal."
"You may be right but he has a secretary,it seems so real,do you think he is having an affair?"

Eliza's ink black eyes were anxious for Caitlin's answer,she believed whatever Caitlin said.
"No ways,he's not like that,eat up we've talked enough."Eliza was really good at overreacting sometimes.
"It's alright then, I believe you.I forgot to ask,how's Franklin and Olivia?"
"They're doing just fine, we're thinking of going to Cleveland for the weekend...when was the last time you and Pascal went for a vacation?"
"I think it's been 6 years since then we've not been traveling together."
"Yeah."Caitlin sighed"You need to work on that as soon as possible."
"What have you planned for today?"
"Lots of shopping, I need to get my mind off things that happened last night.I'll meet Laura and Harriet at noon for that."

"Have fun."Caitlin replied with a gloomy sigh .Laura and Harriet were part of the social group always going out and partying.Caitlin hated all of it, doesn't Eliza realize that's what is ruining her marriage?