Flame

The day soon ran fast and soon they went for their appointment with Zandra Mercado.After confirming their appointment with her,they were allowed inside.

Exchanging pleasantries and introductions were next.

"Mr and Mrs Miles,I'm delighted to have you here."

"We heard your services are the best, we had no choice."Eliza replied.
Zandra had heard of this pair,they were perhaps the best couple in Columbus.

"I'm just gonna ask a couple of questions,are we ready?"she continued as they settled down.

"Please go on."
"What are the issues?"Zandra held a jotter and pen while asking,she studied the couple's faces as they spoke their mind.

"Do you both think it's too late to save your marriage?"
"No,I believe we can still give it a try."Pascal answered.
"Do you trust your spouse?"
"With all my heart."Pascal replied and Eliza nodded.
"Are any of you seeing someone?"
"I'm not."they both answered individually.

"Have either of you considered having an affair?"Zandra continued throwing questions.

"Absolutely not."Eliza was confident of her answer.
"No."Pascal's answer was simple and straightforward.

"Are you willing to make improvements?"
"I'll put my heart into it."
"Yeah as long as there's hope."
"That means your willing to work things out."

"Yes."they answered in unison.
"What are your expectations?"
"To understand one another again and to set boundaries in certain areas."Pascal answered.
"Like he said."

"Do you want a divorce?"
"I don't,it came up sometime back and I've made my thoughts clear to her.I want to make things work."Pascal replied.

"I regret bringing it up,it was stupid idea and I just want things to be like before."she joined in and held Pascal's hand.

"I'm touched, you guys have solved half of the problem, your willing to work things out."
"A tip if I may add.If your discussions turn into an argument,stop and hear yourselves.That way to you'ld understand what your partner is saying,ask yourself if you do.So that you guys can explain to yourselves and learn to see it the way you both do."

"I'll help you gain insight into any pattern that may undermine your closeness and  learn more effective ways of speaking up .I'll help in any way I can but it's your job to ignite that  flame which was lit the first day you both fell in love... I'll suggest we take two hours per week .I don't take sides and I'll try my best to save your relationship."

Zandra's silvery voice went on "With this ,I hope you can start working on your relationship...our next meeting will be next week, inform me of any suitable date and time."

"Thank you very much."Pascal and Eliza took turns to stand up as they shook Zandra's hand.
"Have a nice day."Zandra baded.

The two walked some blocks down to have breakfast.
"I'll have toasted english muffin."
"I'll have eggs benedict, thank you."
Pascal placed the menu on the table and within a few minutes, their breakfast was served.

"I don't want to feel like I'm forcing you into this whole counselling stuff."
"I'm good with it.It's called for."

"Your so sweet darling,all your meetings have been called off today.We have the day to ourselves."

"Hmm."
"Do you have a problem with once a week meetings."
"You worry too much,it's okay."
"What should we do today?"
"Let's get home and I'll show you."he said in a lewd tone.
"I can't wait then."

Eliza stayed away from Laura and Harriet for the three months of counselling.
She appreciated Pascal's love and perseverance everyday, their family was truly excited.

Pascal's sister, Rachel was due to be married in seven months,both Pascal and Eliza were to be in attendance together on the same page for the first time in a family gathering.

Today was the last day of the marriage counseling sessions,so far everything seemed great.

"There's nothing much to do today,it's our last session afterall.I believe we've made improvements."

"Yes."they replied like school children.
"Today, I want you both to go back to the past and remember how you both met in the first place,what started your relationship."

"That will be all and tell your partner how you feel about them.I've played my role and it's up to you to play yours."

"Thank you."

They knew why she always had successful results,she was an amazing counselor and they were glad to have come across her.

"You take the car,I'll go for a walk and I'll be back home soon."
"I don't think it's a good idea."
"Just take the keys, don't let your mind wander off while driving."he smirked as he put the keys in her hand.
"I'll meet you at home soon.I'll be safe."
"I know you will, but don't be late."
"I sure won't."Pascal was five metres away from her as he shouted back.