Insecure

At noon, Harriet, Eliza and Lauren met up at the shopping mall,Eliza narrated her 'nightmare' to the ladies who shrugged it off.

"You think too much Eliza...your too perfect for him anyway."
"Don't say that Lauren,they are good together but Eliza dear your just over exaggerating"Harriet warned Lauren and went back to the main discussion.

"I can't get my mind off it."
"It's okay,new bags and shoes will fix that up,let's use our credit cards,shall we?"Lauren babbled, although she didn't want to admit it,she and her husband argued all night long she could only drown her sorrows in shopping.
Your right,let's go."her voice was faint as she walked faster than Harriet and Lauren.

Eliza sat on the sofa still pondering on what happened as of recent'Am I not as beautiful as I used to be?Am I not sexy enough? doesn't he find me attractive anymore?'
'what's wrong me?'she thought out loud.

"Liza are you okay?"Pascal heard her as he came in,he was somewhat surprised that she was still up.
"I'm good, your late it's about 11pm, have you had dinner?"
He always came home late 'why's she acting kinda weird?' Pascal was baffled.
"I had some tacos before I came here, have you had dinner yet?"
"Yeah.I had cheeseburger soup...were you alone at home the office?"
'I know what's she's driving at.'

"No,Wilfreda and some other people were with me,why are you asking?"
"I'm your wife Pascal, I want to know."she paused and was about walking to the room when she turned around"whose Wilfreda?"she queried and Pascal loosened his tie.
"My secretary."after a moment's reflection,"how old is she?"
"That's enough Liza, you should go to bed, your usually not awake at this hour."
"I won't Pascal not until I get my answers,how old is she?!"she boomed violently.
"She's 26years old, you have your answer now go to bed."
"How attractive is she?"ignoring Pascal she continued"You've gone crazy Liza."Eliza was going crazy,her eyes were getting full of tears.
"Crazy?"
"No, I don't mean it that way.You must be tired."he went up to her and put his arms  around her,they hadn't been this close for a long time"your feeling insecure right now.You shouldn't be, I only have eyes for you.We'll work this out."

"Peraphs your right."she settled her head on his chest.
"We'll work this out."Eliza stayed up all night thinking of how to solve her problem.'I've got it now... kids."she felt happy and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning went on as usual with it's routines but something was different, Pascal and Eliza were still at home making love.After their love making session,Eliza got up to put on her robe."aren't you late for work?"she asked as she got her coffee and handed a cup to Pascal who was wearing his suit.
"I stayed back for you,Wilfreda would take care of everything."Eliza was irritated on hearing his secretary's name."Shouldn't you be out by now?"
"I also stayed back for you, Caitlin's family are off to Cleveland,the test are not that important."Pascal went to her side of the bed and kissed her"I want kids."she said in the middle of the kiss, looking at his eyes.They were never really trying for kids,they were focused on themselves,bit Eliza thought kids will bring them closer.

"Why are you saying that?"
"Cause I love you, I want our family to be complete."
"Let's make our marriage work first then we'll talk about having kids ."his voice was firm,he already perceived the actual reason why she wanted kids "I have to go to work, take care of yourself."he left quietly but Eliza was not happy.
'Could he read my mind?'she thought.

***
"Mr Miles,you have a visitor,he claims to be Mr Lind."Wilfreda's voice rang through the intercom.
"Send him in and bring some snacks too."Pascal answered and closed the file infront of him,he looked up to see his best friend, Gabriel Lind and stood up to welcome him.
"Hey bro,long time no see."
"I won't say so,we talked somedays back, you can be forgetful."
"Whatever Pascal."he took a seat and Wilfreda brought some snacks in before excusing herself.
"How's Dora and your kids?"
"They're fine.Joseph has a baseball game coming up tomorrow,it will be great if you and Eliza can come."
"We'll try to be there but I'm not sure if Eliza won't be busy."Gabriel was also one of the few if not many family members who knew of their marriage crises.
"You have to make her come no matter what."the two best friend stopped when they heard a voice from outside;Elizas' . Pascal rushed to see what was going on.

"I need to see my husband."Eliza sounded annoyed but was relieved when she saw Pascal coming out of the office,she rushed over to him and kissed his lips lingering a bit before complaining"Your secretary didn't let me in."she rolled her eyes at the panick stricken woman whose eyes were downcast, Pascal shot a glance at her and returned his gaze to his wife.'Why is she here?'
"She's new here.This won't happen next time."
"Hmmm..."she stared at Wilfreda for a while"what's your name?"
"Wilfreda Watkins madam."Eliza studied the woman in her black and white striped shirt with black pants.
"Wilfreda this is my wife,Eliza Miles."Pascal broke the seemingly unending silence .
"Sorry madam, I didn't know you were Mr Miles' wife ."she pleaded "It's okay.You can get back to what you were doing.No need to feel guilty it's your job afterall but don't make this mistake again."
"I will remember that."Wilfreda returned to her desk while Pascal took Eliza into his office where she met Gabriel.
"Ah... Mrs Miles .You look stunning."
"Thank you Gabriel, you look charming as always,how's your family?"
"We're good,did you face any trouble outside?"
"It was just a small misunderstanding it's been cleared up now thanks to Pascal."she turned to see Pascal standing behind her.
"It must be the secretary."he paused and turned to Pascal"what happened to the old one?"Eliza curious to know as well joined"yes darling,what happened to the other one?"
"She wasn't efficient,my assistant decided to find someone better."Pascal noted to his hearers.
"We'll your assistant should tell you who to let in and who should wait for permissions."Eliza said Ina courteous manner.
"I'll get him to work on that."they all took their seats.

"That reminds me Eliza,my son has a baseball game tomorrow and I'll like for the both of you to be in attendance, I hope you won't reject my invite."
"Of course not Gabriel, I'll be in attendance along with Pascal.I haven't been to one in quite some time.I look forward to it,what colour should I be on?"

FOR A VERY LONG TIME Eliza,quite isn't the right words to use.

"Blue is Joseph's team."
"I'm considering a reunion over a baseball game Pascal."
"I'll be ready for it,when you are."
"That won't be now though,I have to leave.Have a nice day both of you."Gabriel stood up and walked out of the office.

"Why are you here?"Pascal entreated as soon as Gabriel left the office"I can come here anytime I want Pascal, I'm your wife."Eliza hadn't been in his office for peraphs the last 6 years,so much had changed since then.
"You wanted to meet my secretary, didn't you?"
"..."
"Did she look like who you saw in your NIGHTMARE?"
"I didn't see her face,but she's a brunette if I can recall, your secretary's a brunette too... I'm not here for that anyway."she lied.
"Then why are you here?"
"I just wanted to drop by."she said when her phone rang.

Laura:Eliza we've got a party to attend tomorrow.
Eliza: Whose party?
Laura: It's the Grants

'Didn't she have somewhere to go tomorrow, Joseph's baseball game.'Pascal shook his head.

Eliza; I'm afraid I can't come
Lauren:Why?
Eliza: something came up, I have to hang up.
Lauren: You'll miss alot but no probs

Eliza hung up and returned Pascal's gaze.
"I'm impressed."Pascal gushed
"If I said  I'll be there then I'll be there.Gotta go,do you have anymore questions for me?"
Eliza stood and asked in a flirtatious way, Pascal loved his woman no doubts,she was different.

"None, your really something else."he soothed"then have a nice day, don't stay here till it's late, I need you at home."she said with pleasure before walking out,as Pascal watched her leave,he couldn't help but admire her.

Please vote and comment