Hurting

He called the guards to confirm if Eliza was in the building,she had to be somewhere in the penthouse.He went to all the rooms in the penthouse, Eliza wasn't there.

One place was left;the porch,there she was in the jacuzzi.

A glass of whiskey was by the jacuzzi,she didn't seem to move.Was she sleeping?

Drawing nearer, Pascal realised that she had been crying for a long time and was drinking too, hopefully she was sober.Dried tears lingered on her cheeks,she was weak,with her eyes closed and was an admirable sight,he didn't want to watch her like this,in a vulnerable state.

He grabbed a towel and took her out of the jacuzzi,her eyes opened slightly but she didn't want to say anything.Dropping her on the bed,he clothed her in her robes and held her in his embrace, fresh tears trickled down her cheeks.He tried to wipe them off but more would just flow.

"Will you stop crying Liza, you've cried enough.It's hurting me."
"What do you want me to do? It's over , everything is over now."she wailed in a croaky voice.

"It's not,we still have time, let's make it work."he cupped her chin and raised her face to his eyes."I love you Eliza,don't give up on us now."
"I don't know Pascal, I'm tired of the arguments we always have."she removed his hands from her face.
"Just this once, let's try once more, what do you think?Can you possibly live without me? Can you forget the past just like that?"

She was quiet"I can't."Pascal didn't let her continue with her answer as he pressed her lips against hers, the kiss was fiery and passionate,none of them were willing to let go but Pascal reluctantly pulled away and whispered"just this once Eliza."she gazed at his eyes and nodded with a smile before embracing Pascal.

"We'll make this work,one way or the other."He was going to be responsible for the next course of events if he wanted to make things work.

The next day, Pascal returned early from work,he was around for lunch.He hadn't been home for a long time but he knew it was worth it.He was enjoying his soup and salad specially made by Eliza.

"Do you like it?"She asked while her black eyes shone.
"Certainly,it was made by your hands after all."his lips curved up and he continued, Eliza looked ecstatic in her strap linen blend romper,he could tell she wanted to say something.

"You shouldn't keep anything to yourself darling, let it out."his modulated voice gave her permission to speak as she wished.As though waiting for his consent,"I found this marriage counselor online,Zandra Mercado,she seems good...her records are clean."

"..."

"I think we should go see her, I mean we need help, don't we?"
"If it's what you want but I've got to clear my schedules for tomorrow.I don't want us to do something that we'll regret."she ran over to him and kissed his cheeks.

"We won't regret,I love you so much.Relax and I'll handle your schedule for tomorrow."she got her phone and dialed Wilfreda's number.Due to her NIGHTMARE,she requested for Wilfreda's contact.

Wilfreda:Mrs Miles,can I help you?
Eliza: I want you to cancel all of Pascal's meetings and appointments,he won't be coming to the office tomorrow.

Wilfreda: okay ma'am
Eliza: Handle the affairs of the office tomorrow, have a good day.

Wilfreda:You too.

Eliza hung up with a smile across her face.